Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've beat the search button on google to many times with search results that are old for the weirtech and how it turned into the evolve o2 housing. With videos and reviews but can't seem to find where to buy one. Plenty of sources for the 2010-2012 but 2013 is extinct?

I don't want to do a cat delete prefer to keep emissions intact but increase flow. Yes I know that a tune will get rid of the CEL but why cover a symptom and not solve it.

When I can source a free flowing primary cat and o2 housing the tune and exhaust are easy from there.

Any used housing out there or help finding a vendor for a new one would be greatly appreciated.

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
Importshark and genracer both sell 02 housings for the 13's

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jedsred89 looked at their websites they do sell o2 housings but only catless.

Read somewhere about a catalyst on a defouler(spelling?) for the post cat sensor maybe fooling sensor...

I'm searching around now for more details.

I'd just prefer to keep sensors active but looking to increase the flow of the current housing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for sure found some interesting stuff. Apparently there's luck using spacers bring the sensor out of the air stream.

But still would like a high flow functioning unit.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you are looking to delete the primary CAT and drop in a down pipe with a high flow CAT, your best bet is a custom built down pipe. I did this, deleted primary CAT, secondary CAT and MID pipe, had a custom down pipe with spun high flow CAT built and new MID pipe custom built, all out of 3" 403 stainless and fitted into the OEM axle back. Maintained both O2 sensors and I have no CEL's.

Booked into BTRcc tune event this spring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depo racing has a catless o2 housing and a downpipe with a 200 hfc. Check the vendor classifieds. Any exhaust shop can modify a downpipe to fit a hfc cat

·
Registered
388 Posts
But who has a O2 housing with cat? Or is that a stupid noob question I am asking?
I don't want to get CELs all the time and not pass emissions but I want that extra power.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
303 Posts
But who has a O2 housing with cat? Or is that a stupid noob question I am asking?
I don't want to get CELs all the time and not pass emissions but I want that extra power.

Thoughts?
There used to be a vendor that made a HFC replacement for the 2013's, however they are not around anymore.

I would prefer a HFC to replace the primary, however after searching high and low I have not found an option that is currently on the market.

If you want the power, you have to decide if it is worth the effort to change it out one day per year for inspections. Or make friends with someone who "might not have great eye sight" while they perform your inspection

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I want the tune but when emissions come around I want functioning sensors. Also makes it easier later to resell car with working equipment instead of hacked.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There is something called a mini cat. basically it cleans the air that the 02 sensor reads, but nothing else.

I just bought one (came on saturday) and I'll install it with my o2 housing this week.

·
Registered
388 Posts
can you PM the info on where to get one? Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks for sharing the picture.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well sent an email to them asking about it. Their website is pretty empty. I'll let ya'll know what they say if they respond. May try to call through skype, hate getting charged international rates from cell company.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well awesome. They make a catted housing with down pipe. $740 plus shipping. Very tempting but about $250 more then I wanted to spend.

Guess being a limited supplier for this part they can command any price they want.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well awesome. They make a catted housing with down pipe. $740 plus shipping. Very tempting but about $250 more then I wanted to spend.

Guess being a limited supplier for this part they can command any price they want.
By catted housing with downpipe, you mean the cat is located in the o2 housing and they sell it as an o2 housing and downpipe combo package? Or is the cat in their downpipe?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cat is in o2 housing with a seperation down pipe yes they quoted me the $740 as a combo. Sent an email asking for just housing waiting for response.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts