Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cat is in o2 housing with a seperation down pipe yes they quoted me the $740 as a combo. Sent an email asking for just housing waiting for response.
Wow! let us know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm interested in this too. I had a high flow 02 housing/TBE on my '12 and it was the perfect level of loudness. Full TBE is a little too much for me, so this would be perfect for my '13.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So got a response back. And assuming from that response they don't sell the catted o2 housing separate you have to get their down pipe. Assuming so because it's not bolted together. It's fluted with a v band clamp holding them together.

And also when I asked about the housing only they suggested their cat less for $310 with tax and shipping.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry think I forgot to mention, you have to go to their website and send an email through the site asking about the Evolve for the genesis coupe.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I thought this was a catted O2 housing, not a catless?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It is catted but you have to buy the down pipe with it as a combo. If you just want to buy an o2 housing they only sell the cat less as by itself.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It is catted but you have to buy the down pipe with it as a combo. If you just want to buy an o2 housing they only sell the cat less as by itself.
Guys, I was into the shop that built my custom exhaust for some minor adjustments. They have a primary CAT replacement with a high flow CAT 3" stainless with both O2 sensor bungs. This will not cause any CEL's. This will replace just the primary CAT off of the turbo. They are not a vendor on the site, but he is going to look into becoming one.

If you are interested, PM me and I will pas you the contact details. He is in Ontario Canada, so shipping to the US could be a bit of a problem, but he is interested in helping you guys out. His work is outstanding, so it's worth considering.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Have you looked into depos High flow cat with downpipe? i believe it goes for roughly 300$
Yep looked. It's the secondary they sell. Be another year before I look again. Give developers time to get to it. Car is to new for expectations. Probally by then cost for a tune will of dropped too.

·
Registered
591 Posts
If I was to add hi-flow primary cat , already have secondary hi-flow cat down pipe . Will I need a custom tune , will an all hi-flow pass emissions ?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It could pass emissions if there is no CEL and it still turned on better chances with hi flow cats then without. With the stage 1 it should automatically adjust for the parts. And not sure it it's 1.5 or 1 that takes advantiage of the o2 housing upgrade. Though it's an upgrade either way the increased spool and exit air change was taken advantage of somewhere. Custom would fine tune everything but not needed until you start tinkering with the fuel, spark, forced induction methods(turbo). This is the first exhaust component exiting turbo and first possible restriction.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks for the info Milo

·
YUP ITS A HYUNDAI
138 Posts
If you are looking to delete the primary CAT and drop in a down pipe with a high flow CAT, your best bet is a custom built down pipe. I did this, deleted primary CAT, secondary CAT and MID pipe, had a custom down pipe with spun high flow CAT built and new MID pipe custom built, all out of 3" 403 stainless and fitted into the OEM axle back. Maintained both O2 sensors and I have no CEL's.

Booked into BTRcc tune event this spring.
Where did you source your high flow cat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys, I was into the shop that built my custom exhaust for some minor adjustments. They have a primary CAT replacement with a high flow CAT 3" stainless with both O2 sensor bungs. This will not cause any CEL's. This will replace just the primary CAT off of the turbo. They are not a vendor on the site, but he is going to look into becoming one.

If you are interested, PM me and I will pas you the contact details. He is in Ontario Canada, so shipping to the US could be a bit of a problem, but he is interested in helping you guys out. His work is outstanding, so it's worth considering.

Hey man do you still know the contact info for the o2 housing? I’m from Ontario Canada and would love to contact him about ordering one!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Given the age of this thread, I doubt any of the original posters are still around. If you have a stock turbo on a 2013 2.0T the only hi-flow cat downpipe I'm aware of us from CP-E:

I was actually looking to sell mine because I've switched to an aftermarket turbo and the pipe is not compatible with the aftermarket turbo I wanted. That is important to note if you are considering an aftermarket turbo down the line. This bolts up to the stock turbo housing and is an oval shape, whereas a lot of aftermarket housings use v-bands now. Keeps a primary hi-flow cat, but ditches the second one.

I believe less than 10,000 miles on it, will be honest don't remember the exact amount. Never had a CEL for O2. If interested hit me up with a DM.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts