Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 Base Model Automatic with 42,000 miles and I'm getting 10mpg local bumper to bumper daily traffic. Around 15mpg highway...It may be my driving, but I've let multiple people attempt to hypermile it and I'm consistently getting low mpg. Not sure if it's also related to the rumbling I get in idle. Anybody have any idea why?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I'm running 87 or 89 octane, will refill and test later

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm dealing with the same issues. I have a 2013 track and I try my best to use hypermiling, but I'm only getting 15 mpg and that is on the highway with almost no traffic. I have noticed that mileage is significantly better when the tank is full, around 20-24, but as soon as the tank dips below maybe 4/5 full it drops like no other.

**Edit** I want to add that I have run all levels of fuel and there have been no differences in mpg.

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
I thought it was a well known fact that the base automatics returned abysmal mpg's?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I assume you are in a 3.8. Any mods? I run midgrade. If you are using the car's mpg readout, you may be wrong. It might be obvious as we are all adults here, but fill your tank. Reset the trip odometer. Drive until nearly empty. Fill up. Write down the miles from the odo and how many gallons you put in. Divide miles/gallons and there ya go. If you get less than 20, I think there is something wrong with your car. Or you drive sprinted everywhere. You may be running rich and that might cause more gas to be used. Not sure if it would toss a CEL.

Check your air filter and make sure your tires are filled to spec. Those would hurt mpg as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.