Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have attempted to search for this, but could not find an answer.

Last year, I bought a 2.0 Track. When I asked the sales guy if I could get it with the nav package, he indicated it could not be done.

I know that I could buy the uNavi package from PA, but what would be the reason why the factory nav unit for the 3.8 not work in the 2.0? (track)

Any information would be great.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I asked the same question to my adviser, He said that our center console is 2 small for the navi. But looking on the forum it seems that you can just buy and swap and add a antenna. Not positive.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been searching the forums for a while now and I really only find info on the uNavi and other aftermarket solutions.

Has anyone done a factory navi swap into a non-navi car?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect, thank you.

This does answer some questions.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
IIRC it's has more to do with the wiring harness being different between models, not the console being too small. You could get it to work for sure if you have the time to figure out the wiring, but even then you may end up having to splice new harnesses in.
Definitely not as simple as buying the nav, a new bezel, and plugging it in.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
well my adviser said that it was 2 small so I was just saying what he said. I am sure even with splicing wiring it wouldnt be too hard. After all its just a sound system ;)

·
Premium Member
16,013 Posts
well my adviser said that it was 2 small so I was just saying what he said. I am sure even with splicing wiring it wouldnt be too hard. After all its just a sound system ;)
Its not too small. its a standard double din size form factor. Its the harnesses are different. IIRC the nav doesn't have a 6 disc changer.

I already wrote up pretty much a rewiring how to that should theoretically work.

You need to replace the fin antenna because it has the xm AND gps antenna.
AND you need to get a hold of the "extra" plug that they don't have for the non-nav cars.

go to HMA and look at how its different.

EDIT: and you need to get the multimedia module thats in the arm rest, they are different.
according to HMA the one for the nav has a video input.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Its not too small. its a standard double din size form factor. Its the harnesses are different. IIRC the nav doesn't have a 6 disc changer.

I already wrote up pretty much a rewiring how to that should theoretically work.

You need to replace the fin antenna because it has the xm AND gps antenna.
AND you need to get a hold of the "extra" plug that they don't have for the non-nav cars.

go to HMA and look at how its different.

EDIT: and you need to get the multimedia module thats in the arm rest, they are different.
according to HMA the one for the nav has a video input.
You would also need the proper trim peice. If you look at the nav system its in two peices. (the one for sale in that link has the top peice). The bottom peice is going to be more trouble. My guess is that it only comes in the version for climate control. If you have climate control,then your good,if not your going to have a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts