Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
That's the crank case vent hose. Yes you can technically put a breather on the nipple on the crank case since unlike the PCV side it's an open port but why do you want to do that?

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
That's the crank case vent hose. Yes you can technically put a breather on the nipple on the crank case since unlike the PCV side it's an open port but why do you want to do that?
A few reasons, but I have mine on a breather because I'm spraying WM before the tb.

·
Lc
23 Posts
The main reason is because i took my car to Btr to put headers and they put a bolt blocking the hose from sucking air. Idk why, instead of plugging it back to the intake.But they ****ed up my car all sorts of ways but i wont get into that. That fast acting sensor requires some sort of professional to connect it? Thanks

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
^Thanks
I added the breather and plugged up the k&n intake since idk what happened to that piece.
You can ditch the hose and put the breather on the valve cover nipple where I circled.

And I can't think of any reason why BTR plugged that, you could just unplug it and reconnect the hose. You're also not the first person that had them f-up a header install, does the car run properly at least?

·
Lc
23 Posts
^Thanks ill do that today.
Man man man where do i begin, i went for ark headers install. They 1st broke the 02 sensor on passenger side and dint tell me. Had to pay 150 for the 02 sensor. Then they left bolts lose and some bolts where not even in. Dint know about it till i took it for an oil change and i the person who changed the oil found a few bolts. Car was over heating after custom tune had to get it towed to diffrent shop. But anyways everything is great now thank god. Just looking at more smaller mods ive done almost every mod out there and turbo is way to much lol

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Can someone tell me where air temp sensor is located (3.8l)?
The only sensor on manifold is pressure sensor. I have both IMs off ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
Can someone tell me where air temp sensor is located (3.8l)?
The only sensor on manifold is pressure sensor. I have both IMs off ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
On bk1 it's part of the MAF. On bk2 it's combined with the baro sensor on the side of the air box (or your intake tube)

·
Registered
980 Posts
OEM sensor

The oem sensors on the BK2 at the intake IAT, and MAP, on the IM are the same. The slow reaction time is indicative of :
The plastic body heat soaking, and influencing the measurement.

Now I am not suggesting that the sensor is a fast sensor. But I am saying that air flow in the engine bay (Real vents), and the intake pipe being really insulated give rise to acurate internal flow of air rather than internal engine bay heat.

My turbo setup have proven this, I am always ambient. If I sit and idle for an extended time the worst I have seen is plus 5 F. As far as reaction time as soon as I move, more importantly the more aggressive the intake flow becomes, it drops back to ambient like a stone.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
I think it's worth it. Though I'm never ambient on a warmed motor. I usually run 15f-20f above. If i hammer it then it goes to ambient for a couple shifts then starts to rise. My biggest problem here is air to the IC due to the bumper.

The OE is encased in plastic and this does slow down the reaction

Does it do anything? I've never had it on the dyno but logic would say I get a bit more timing and fuel compared to stock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think it's worth it. Though I'm never ambient on a warmed motor. I usually run 15f-20f above. If i hammer it then it goes to ambient for a couple shifts then starts to rise. My biggest problem here is air to the IC due to the bumper.

The OE is encased in plastic and this does slow down the reaction

Does it do anything? I've never had it on the dyno but logic would say I get a bit more timing and fuel compared to stock.
Yes this is true - per logic it should be noticeable before the air temp starts to rise, still I'm thinking about that offset table someone mentioned here. Basically if the software is already compensating for slow sensor and heat creap - then adding an exact mesuring sensor will throw that table off.

Still this sounds like a good and simple mod, cudos for actually doing the leg work to map out this sensor.
Gues i will have to test this on my 2.0T Bk1 once i get the body repaired :)

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
What kind of values would they anticipate as it would depend on the actual air temp? I with the stock IAT and IC the BK1 didn't see any temp drop when doing a WOT pull. Some cars come with the fast acting IATs stock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is perfect, no drilling and tapping then
had this mod on to do list but this will make it so much easier

Just to make sure though this sensor acts both as Pressure sensor and Temperature sensor ?
So by swapping this on IM we have fast reacting IAT and same OEM MAP sensor in one package

Wonder if its as fast as your Triumph sensor solution :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Here is a plug and play drop in OE solution to our MAP/IAT.

Nice find, I tried to click add to cart on your image....did not work for me ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 313 Posts