Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Stole from another forum. Not my cart!!!!

This is perfect, no drilling and tapping then
had this mod on to do list but this will make it so much easier

Just to make sure though this sensor acts both as Pressure sensor and Temperature sensor ?
So by swapping this on IM we have fast reacting IAT and same OEM MAP sensor in one package

Wonder if its as fast as your Triumph sensor solution

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Facet 10.3180 is the actual manufacturer and part number. The Hyundai OE that it replaces is like ours and not vented.

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor-EX Facet 10.3180 ~$37 on ebay....

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Facet 10.3180 is the actual manufacturer and part number. The Hyundai OE that it replaces is like ours and not vented.

Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor-EX Facet 10.3180 ~$37 on ebay....
Isn't the rage to low on 2.0 turbo though ??
FACET page states its up to 120 kpa:
https://catalogo.facet.eu/EN#

So For 2.0 (Bk1), this may be the part we need:
10.3178 AIR PRESSURE SENSOR

It has 18 to 300 kPa and Facet parts catalog lists it as coupe OE part replacement

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got the Facet 10.3180 (this is for 2.0 Turbo)As you can see the glass bed is hidden a bit in the plastic maybe ill open it up, but first need to test this with volt. meter and compare with stock.

Also will make a map pressure vs voltage to compare if the voltage curve is the same as on our stock sensor (i expect it to be but worth checking)

20200114_155157.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Your using this exact sensor ?
I'm just wondering if the pressure curve and temp curve vs voltage is the same between OEM and this

The service manual states 241.9 psi - 4.5 volt
But the actual sensor may go higher (would need the specification of the sensor)

The facet is 300.2 kpa - 4.75 volt
But what the curve that idk.

So before mounting this it may be smart to map out both of them and compare in i.e. 0.1 bar incremental's

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Your using this exact sensor ?
I'm just wondering if the pressure curve and temp curve vs voltage is the same between OEM and this

The service manual states 241.9 psi - 4.5 volt
But the actual sensor may go higher (would need the specification of the sensor)

The facet is 300.2 kpa - 4.75 volt
But what the curve that idk.

So before mounting this it may be smart to map out both of them and compare in i.e. 0.1 bar incremental's
No I'm the original poster.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ok for people that want to get fast acting IAT and decide to go with FACET sensors, and this is a warning - especially for 2.0 guys. Before running FACET sensore measure what does the ECU see in MAP vs what is the actual pressure.

I gotten the FACET sensor 10.3180 and started checking with hand held pressure pump, note bellow:

Atmospheric pressure (1 bar | ~14 psi) = Sensor shows 12 psi (1.5 volts)
1.5 bar (0.5 boost) | ~21 psi = 18 psi (2.4v)
2.0 bar (1.0 boost) | ~29 psi = 25 psi (3.2v)

I'll make more reading but as per above - one could run into lean condition with this sensor. And the reason is that the sensor has a different voltage curve against pressure, its NOT damaged just it maps a bit differently

The temperature part is spot on (my OEM Temp sensor is showing.. 2 Celsius high !, while facet shows just fine) but i will Not be using this sensor due to incorrect pressure reading the ECU is getting.

Just ordered used trumph sensor - will give that a go

301 - 309 of 309 Posts