Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a small fender bender this week and it resulted in taking a piece of my front driver side bumper off, busting the driver side headlights and bending the fender. Where I have my problem though is I’m not sure what the metal sheet under the fender is called. But from where I was hit, my headlight and fender was shifted back and now a metal piece is rubbing against my tire. I’m guess it’s the wheel housing? I’m not sure and I’m not sure if that is part of the frame or not. I’ve been trying to look up what the frame of a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Rspec looks like, but nothing turns up. Can anyone tell me if I have frame damage? Or if they think my car is totaled?

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
Why aren't you working with your insurance company? We can't assess the damage over the internet, please leave it to professionals.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Totalled? You are asking here what is wrong with it? ????

As stated above, let the insurance company(ies) take care of it. If there is an issue where insurance is not being brought in, take it to a reputable body shop with frame expertise.

Or you could always use a sawzall and some ISC X-Flex Crash Repair Racers Tape...

·
Registered
509 Posts
As someone who ran collision shops for 15 years, it’s unlikely that it’s a total loss. You would have to reach 70-80% of the car’s value to warrant a TL. The inner structure behind the fender is commonly referred to as the apron, but the damage as shown leads me to believe it’s probably just a fender bracket or the liner rubbing the tire. The damage shown doesn’t look bad at all, and probably could be repaired in less than a week, unless they find more damage after disassembly, which draws out the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am turning it in on insurance, but I’m away at school and I need to get it home. It’s not driveable because there is a metal sheet that is hitting the tire, and it will mess my tire up if I drive it. I was just wondering what that part was called and if since it was bent in would that be considered major damage. But does anyone think it is possible to pull back that metal piece enough to make it not rub that way I could drive it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Please do not "double-post." You have the same post in the New Members section.

Hopefully a Moderator can combine the two threads.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If it is indeed a bracket, it should be know problem to clearance it from the tire. Even if it’s the apron, which is stronger, you can clearance it. Once it’s damaged, you are allowed to at least make the car drivable, as long as you don’t take drastic measures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not sure of what metal pieces are even in that inner fender portion aside from the fender itself and the actual body of the car. My advice would be to just jack up that corner of the car, remove your wheel, and use a rubber mallet to hammer away at the portion thats contacting your tire in order to at least make it drivable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts