Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down from Boston to NY to pick up my GC. Beautiful bathurst black. Drove it over to the dealer to get my genesis emblems done, hit a pothole, cracked my fender. Granted, this was my fault for not understanding how low the GC was and how dangerous potholes can be.

Second thing. Driving back up to Boston, going 75 on the interstate, I hit a freakin bird. The bird cracks my grill and knocks my new genesis emblem off the front. I'm going on the highway so I have no chance to stop and look for it.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Thats pretty random dude!

·
Spy
1,301 Posts
sell your car, just bought it and your luck is that bad? not to sound pessimistic but you might just crash in it :(

·
The Dabbler
58 Posts
Wow thats crazy. I just bought mine last weekend and have been parking it way out by itself in parking lots to try to keep door dings away. I would probably be close to snapping right now if I was going through what you are. How do you like the car besides those things?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought mine last weekend and have been parking it way out by itself in parking lots to try to keep door dings away.
Lol, I've had mine for over 3 months and I still do this!

To the OP: that really sucks, sorry to hear :( On the upside, maybe you're getting all the bad luck out of your system in one fell swoop!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Thats not that bad I had a tractor trailer tire exploded in front of me and its wheel destroyed my bumper and wheel liner into pieces. Then couple weeks later had a hit and run...

·
your doing it you'reself
1,036 Posts
OP, why did you buy your car in NY instead of the boston area? better deals down there? new or used?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
damn thats harsh....you didn't key someones car did you!? Karma's a PITA.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Darkshine, I go to school in Boston but live in NY. Also, Boston dealerships didn't have the 2011 model, while NY did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
agreed..I think some of the ones I've seen on here are much better looking. anyone know where I cna find those?

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Wow that IS some bad luck! At least you have an excuse to start modding. Hope you get everything fixed ASAP. Potholes are lethal. Did you get the rspec or track too? Suspension is not forgiving at all on those.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck! Now I know to be careful around potholes. I really hate them, especially after the rain in So Cal, when a billion new potholes show up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah SoCal roads are in REAL bad shape right now. I hit a pothole doing about 70 on the110. NOT a happy sound, but luckily no damage.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
At least it gives you an excuse to get an after-market grill and get rid of the ugly (should have been on a sedan) stock one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Cracked your "fender" on a pothole? :squint: When you say "fender" what do you actually mean?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its the area that is directly underneath the front right of the car. whatever the f that is.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
The fenders are the side panels by the wheels. The bumper is the big thingy in the front.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts