Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6/1/2010 BOUGHT MY 3.8T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf.... this car was in pristine condition for the last 7 months, then this morning its 10F outside, i turn on the windshield defog, and no fan is spinning.

Not a big deal, I'll bring it into the dealership... but still: Im thinking Electrical problems? This car isnt made for jersey winters. or this car just has crap wiring. Hyundai cut corners.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Calm down. As you said, your local dealer will get it taken care of. Could be a number of small things that you are in and out in at most an hour. I know of several cars from "cheaper brands" to "high end" that have all kind of tiny issues with severe cold conditions.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts

·
Round 3
929 Posts
interesting... I was just asking about this if the fan would run in our cold weather in the midwest 20's... because I can leave my car running parked for 10 mins after driving 30 mins on the highway and the fan does not turn on. I would assume it would

hmm

·
Registered
776 Posts
Isn't he talking about the interior ac fan? Not the radiator fan? Anyway it's prolly a fuse

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
I'm ganna guess blower fuse or blower motor is toast

·
Registered
536 Posts
With how many GCs there are in Canada, I hardly think its a harsh NJ winter problem. **** happens with new cars, luckily its under warranty. I wouldn't sweat it.

..Now if you had a manual transmission, ...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quick note: did you let your car warm up for a few mins first? I have the Nav model with auto climate control and I have noticed that when the car first turns on it will automatically blow air on the front windshield for a few seconds before going back into the mode I last left it in. It also will not blow cold air out if I have a warm temp selected - it waits until the car warms up a little before turning itself on and blowing the proper temperature air out.

I doubt its as simple as that, but hopefully it IS something as easy as a fuse or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Similar thing happened to mine this past weekend. Fan won't turn until after the engine bay is warmed up. Weirdest thing ever. Dealership has no idea what the problem is, so they ordered a whole new fan assembly thingamabobby.

Part arrives next Tuesday. 'Till then, I'm stuck with a cold-ass drive to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts