Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Current Rank: Grunt
830 Posts

·
Current Rank: Grunt
830 Posts
LOL!! do you go around whipping people with it? cause that could be your problem

·
Registered
219 Posts
The manual calls for 5.2 qts. The dipstick can be difficult to read. What you need to look for is where the oil crosses the entire dipstick, not just where the dry spot is. If the oil crosses the the dipstick fully at the "F" dimple, then you are good. If it's above that, it depends on how far. If it's only a little bit, I suspect you'll be fine. If it's way up, then you'll need to drain and fill again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The manual calls for 5.2 qts. The dipstick can be difficult to read. What you need to look for is where the oil crosses the entire dipstick, not just where the dry spot is. If the oil crosses the the dipstick fully at the "F" dimple, then you are good. If it's above that, it depends on how far. If it's only a little bit, I suspect you'll be fine. If it's way up, then you'll need to drain and fill again.
:hsugh: Well, the oil is about 1/2 inch above the full dot.

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
well im at 2640 right now and im waiting to hit 3000 so i can get a oil change!

·
lovin my 300+hp hyundai
1,499 Posts
Change your oil asap Bro. I did mine at 1200 miles and it looked like sludge. Your running on sludge
I would have your car checked man. I just changed my oil an hour ago and I'm at 2500 miles. It was slightly dirty, but no sludge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't have a 2.0T yet, but it will be my first car and I want to take care of it in every way possible.

Can somebody tell me recommended weights?

First oil change at 1000km. Type of oil? Brand/weight?
Second oil change at 2000km. Synthetic Blend? Brand/weight?
Full synthetic every 6000km afterwards. I want to use the best oil possible, so Group IV Amsoil/Royal Purple? What weight?

·
Registered
438 Posts
has any one seen any metal shavings in their first oil change or nething along those lines... not that i have just kinda curious to see if it is a common thing for when i do mke my first change

-Rick

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Don't have a 2.0T yet, but it will be my first car and I want to take care of it in every way possible.

Can somebody tell me recommended weights?

First oil change at 1000km. Type of oil? Brand/weight?
Second oil change at 2000km. Synthetic Blend? Brand/weight?
Full synthetic every 6000km afterwards. I want to use the best oil possible, so Group IV Amsoil/Royal Purple? What weight?

5w-20 for the 2.0T

4.8 quarts (the owners manual states 5.2 quarts, but that overfills it)

Mobil1 I'd recommend. Royal Purple I hear good AND bad. Never heard anything bad about mobil1.

I'd get the initial oil changed around 1500 miles.. no rush though. Don't go synthetic until 5-7k miles get put on the car.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
has any one seen any metal shavings in their first oil change or nething along those lines... not that i have just kinda curious to see if it is a common thing for when i do mke my first change

-Rick
I am approaching 1000 miles. Getting ready to do my first old change with 5w30. The manual (8-4) recommends 5.6 qts of 5w 20, 30 or 40 for the 2.0t. I will be using 4.8 as that's what most people here have said fills it to the max.

I'll let you know of the quality of the oil and if I find any shavings. Hopefully it can somehow improve my mileage too, currently averaging 21-22 mpg with mixed city and highway driving.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am approaching 1000 miles. Getting ready to do my first old change with 5w30. The manual (8-4) recommends 5.6 qts of 5w 20, 30 or 40 for the 2.0t. I will be using 4.8 as that's what most people here have said fills it to the max.

I'll let you know of the quality of the oil and if I find any shavings. Hopefully it can somehow improve my mileage too, currently averaging 21-22 mpg with mixed city and highway driving.
yea im at about 350 miles on mine so far and am going to do my first change on 500 so we will see:)

-Rick

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
So I'm going to do my oil change when I get back from my vacation. I miss my car like hell. Anyways, my dad has a couple cases of FormulaShell 5w30, which I used in my camry with no problem. I have not noticed anywhere on the bottle that says synthetic but from my snoopings on the net I have concluded that it is either a synth-dino blend or 100% synthetic (which I don't recall seeing anywhere on the bottles, so maybe there is a blend and a 100% synth?). Does anyone think I am safe using this after only 1000 miles? From most of the posts I see people recommended full dino oil until 5-10k miles then switching.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree...

Change your oil asap Bro. I did mine at 1200 miles and it looked like sludge. Your running on sludge

...I changed mine today, I had 1,823 miles and the oil was pretty dirty! I put in 5w20 (Mobil 1 Synthetic) and now I'll have the oil change every 7,500miles! I hope that's right

61 - 80 of 101 Posts