Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So i have been searching the forums for some time now and i can only really find answer for one of the exhaust listed about, the Flowmaster 80 series.

I know already that all i want to do is replace the stock muffler with either a flowmaster 80 Series or maybe a Magnaflow 12158.

I am having a hard time deciding just because of the fact that i wanted to first hear what the magnaflow would sound like, but it seems like it is not as popular as the flowmaster. Does anyone happen to have a clip or can anyone tell me the difference comparing the magnaflow to the flowmaster? is it more of a grumble that you get with the flowmaster or what is the main difference between them two.

I want to get this done in the next few days and just wanted to see if anyone here was ever in the same position.

Thank you,

·
Registered
505 Posts
My experiences with flow master was with my explorers. They sound great but are quite loud. To some people it is ok, but the interior drone was bad and stereo had to be cranked. Took me months to get used to it. Magnaflow is not as loud and doesn't have the same note, and the drone is minimal. It's all in that one is baffled and the other is insulated pass thru type mufflers.

The only way you will really see how they do is to get with your local group and take short rides and see how you perceive each brands pros and cons.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Just to give you another option that you maybe haven't considered, you can save some money and just have a muffler delete done. Sounds pretty good to me. Plenty of crackling and burbling if that's what you like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread but I had the flow master 80 series by itself and it was still too quiet. Added test pipes and it’s amazing, I get many compliments. It’s loud and some drone but totally worth it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts