197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
horsepower/tq gains with a fmic?

mod list:
tbe
injen ic pipes
synapse intake
( tune to come)

now if i add in a front mount what will the increase in power be?

·
Registered
835 Posts
horsepower/tq gains with a fmic?

mod list:
tbe
injen ic pipes
synapse intake
( tune to come)

now if i add in a front mount what will the increase in power be?
intercooler is mostly for efficiency, but there has been gains when using hard piping rather than the OEM, with a tune maybe around 5-10hp. But its a needed mod for the stock turbo because of heat soaking. But your not going to see much of a difference before the tune, and i suggest injectors before the tune...

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
I gained 10whp & 14ish of tq with my cxracing fmic. Funny thing is hp # kept going up as i did more runs. 1st run was 242, 2nd run was 244, 3rd and 4th runs were 245 then called it a night

·
Premium Member
16,013 Posts
For the IC pipes; its not that they add more HP, its more that the stock ones takes some away. The rubber couplers do expand a bit under pressure :p

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
As was just said, it's one of those mods that frees up HP that was already there, doesn't actually add anything.

I gained 10whp & 14ish of tq with my cxracing fmic. Funny thing is hp # kept going up as i did more runs. 1st run was 242, 2nd run was 244, 3rd and 4th runs were 245 then called it a night
Just curious, but given the climate you live in, did the temp/humidity go down progressively through the night? that could explain the numbers, no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts