Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Fog inside headlights

1884 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  WildBill
So i just got my GC last week, and fog is generating inside the headlights already. Is this a common thing for new cars, or is this something I have to worry about?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Please do a search on this before asking. This has been brought up 1000 times.

Short answer, yes. Hyundai had some half-ass engineering when it came to the design of these lights. For some people, its just a little and never becomes a big issue, others like myself saw their lights get ruined over a very short time. I've had Jules (site vendor) clean my lights twice because of this (He does good work also if your lights reach that point and need a cleaning.)
headlight tail light, they all suck

Just complain and they will give you new ones.
They replaced mine once, good for a week, then fogged again. Just got to deal with it. I guess.
I never had condensation till about 15k.......:dunno:
I wonder why Hyundai cheaped out on the small little things like headlight and taillights?
Thank you for all your responses!
All normal.

Subaru's do 'em too.

The headlights if I'm not mistaken, have small vents to keep the air moving as the bulbs generate a LOT of heat. Which results in moisture...

If you do notice that there's water accumulating on the bottom of the lights, then that's an issue -fog or condensation is not :)
All normal.

Subaru's do 'em too.

The headlights if I'm not mistaken, have small vents to keep the air moving as the bulbs generate a LOT of heat. Which results in moisture...

If you do notice that there's water accumulating on the bottom of the lights, then that's an issue -fog or condensation is not :)
+ infinity
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.