Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my GC last week, and fog is generating inside the headlights already. Is this a common thing for new cars, or is this something I have to worry about?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Please do a search on this before asking. This has been brought up 1000 times.

Short answer, yes. Hyundai had some half-ass engineering when it came to the design of these lights. For some people, its just a little and never becomes a big issue, others like myself saw their lights get ruined over a very short time. I've had Jules (site vendor) clean my lights twice because of this (He does good work also if your lights reach that point and need a cleaning.)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
headlight tail light, they all suck

Just complain and they will give you new ones.

·
Registered
204 Posts
They replaced mine once, good for a week, then fogged again. Just got to deal with it. I guess.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
All normal.

Subaru's do 'em too.

The headlights if I'm not mistaken, have small vents to keep the air moving as the bulbs generate a LOT of heat. Which results in moisture...

If you do notice that there's water accumulating on the bottom of the lights, then that's an issue -fog or condensation is not :)

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
All normal.

Subaru's do 'em too.

The headlights if I'm not mistaken, have small vents to keep the air moving as the bulbs generate a LOT of heat. Which results in moisture...

If you do notice that there's water accumulating on the bottom of the lights, then that's an issue -fog or condensation is not :)
+ infinity

1 - 10 of 10 Posts