Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jack of All Trades
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i want to re-wire my fog light switch to it's own independent power source, but i don't know if anyone out there has done so?

Because im getting a little confused :dunno: when i look at the diagram with which cord is what. So if someone out that has done it, HOLA!

Oh also if you have pics please post.

Thanks! :D

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
Jack of All Trades
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well planning to use stock one so thats why i wanted to see if anyone else has done it! lol

·
Vancouver 뽀이!!
488 Posts
i want to re-wire my fog with oem switch. i found thread that with opend shroud but cant find it again...

·
Registered
59 Posts
MobileMe Gallery

Originally Posted by AcesAreWld View Post
Hey all,
This mod got me inspired to take it one step further for owners of Genesis Coupe with OEM fogs installed. I wanted the ability to turn them on/off anytime (not just with the low beams) and this Mod worked, but I wanted to use the OEM switch on the blinker control stalk.

I did this to my last car and understand the crazy way the electronics work for this. I can draw a diagram of what each pin in the relay under the hood does, but you don't actually need to touch that. The magic to make the fogs work anytime using the OEM switch is actually all in the steering column.

The Fog light switch controls NEGATIVE to the relay under the hood that turns the fogs on/off. The car is setup so that negative only goes to the fog switch when the low beams are on (not parking lights, no high beams, etc). What we need to do is supply negative to the OEM fog light switch ALL THE TIME so the switch will always work.

Here is how to do it...

Remove the plastic on the steering column. It is 3 screws (one on bottom and 2 you can turn the steering wheel to access).

Next, locate the white connector going to the blinker/headlight control stalk. Unplug it and it will look like this:

Next, back off some of the electrical tape. There are 2 yellow wires. The yellow wire to the left in the photo goes under the hood and control the negative current on the Fog light control relay. The OEM fog light switch turns this yellow wire on/off. We want to make sure the negative source wire is always grounded - the car only makes it available when low beams are on. The negative source wire is right next to the yellow wire. Removing the electrical tape will expose the fact that it loops back to the connector itself.

Cut the wire loop (it's scary, I know). We will ignore one side of this and permanently ground the other side to allow the fog lights to work anytime.

Take some wire and secure it to a bolt or something under the dash that is always grounded. Splice that wire to the side of the wire you cut, as shown here:

Tape it back up, don't worry about the other end of the wire that was cut, it's not needed.

Put the console back together, and now the fogs will work anytime the ignition is on (No need to make a change under the hood to the relay there). The light on the dash for the fogs will work just as always, too.

Enjoy!

--Geoff

·
Vancouver 뽀이!!
488 Posts
thank you thank you!!!

·
Vancouver 뽀이!!
488 Posts
Start ur car turn steering wheel to left then u will see the screw and turen right and theres another screw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How it will work?

Because in the instructions photo at the end the final picture shows the fog lights on and the amber lights also on. I like to know if both amber and Fog lights came on at same time or only Fog lights as ignition switch is on????

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts