Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a ratchet set at Canadian Tire today. It's the 177 Piece Black Chrome Stanley set that's on sale for $129.99 (60% off regular $349.99, might be BS though) in this week's flyer. I had gotten one for my dad in December for his birthday and when he opened it up I fell in love with it instantly and had been jealous of it since, so I broke down and got myself one. I have a garage full of tools but I needed something portable and well... the black chrome is pretty damn sexy. :D

The case seems to be pretty sturdy, has the locking clasps on the front as well as the sides so it wont be opening by itself while I'm carrying it...

All of the pieces in the set are laser etched instead of the usual hard to see punch style lettering. Every piece also snaps into the case ( some pieces are a little hard to get out ) which is a feature I like because I don't know how many times I've accidently kicked/tripped over a set I've had in the past only to have 40 sockets go rolling everywhere...

I know alot of sets have these features but my older sets didn't. The ratchet has the push-release on it that pops the socket of the ratchet, great for when you have oily fingers and can't get a grip on it. You have to push the button to put the socket on the ratchet also, this keeps the socket locked on, great for those one-handed jobs where the socket likes to come off the ratchet at the most inconvenient times.

This might not interest anyone, I'm kind of a tool guy myself, but if anyone happens to be in the market for a decent ratchet set this might be geat for you. Now all I need is for this stupid winter to go away and a reason to use my shiny new set. :) Until then I'll enjoy looking at it in my office in the house, it's cold in the garage and I'd like to pamper her a little before she forced to meet the other gruff looking tools in the garage. :rofl:

Sorry for the semi blurry pics... "Big-Boned" man bent over talking pictures = not the steadiest of hands. :p

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
Sweet I saw the same set on-sale at crappy tire a few months back, but never pulled the trigger on buying it.If it's still on sale I'll probably pick up a set , been meaning to buy new tools for a while now

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That's a nice looking socket set. The lifetime warranty doesn't hurt either.

The Mastercraft maximum tools are good too. I have a ~120 piece socket set ($79.99) and a 79 piece screwdriver set (precision and allen keys included too, $19.99). The good thing about Mastercraft tools is if anything ever breaks, just bring it into CT and they replace it on the spot.

If you miss a sale at CT for tools, the same promo usually comes around in 2-3 weeks.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
lol i have too many tools as it is, I dont think i'll need any for a long long time lol

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The good thing about Mastercraft tools is if anything ever breaks, just bring it into CT and they replace it on the spot.
Yeah it's great, same thing with these Stanley tools, walk in with the broken one and walk out with new one.

Sweet I saw the same set on-sale at crappy tire a few months back, but never pulled the trigger on buying it.If it's still on sale I'll probably pick up a set , been meaning to buy new tools for a while now
Yeah it was 70% off at $99.99 in December.

Looks sweet, except for that little crappy screw driver lol
It is kinda small but the good thing about it is it's one with the interchangeable tips so I won't have to carry a whole set of screwdrivers around with me if I have to bring it anywhere.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ahah love this, i bought one a couple months ago on their last sale! same thing, 48" wide 6 foot tall tool box but fell in love with this, its great sits nicely in the trunk, and use this when doing work at home, more than my " real" tools haha, enjoy

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Just checked CT online and they still have it on sale and in stock at my local CT. Gonna pick that kit up tomorrow... Thanks MOF!

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Just picked up my kit and it's beautiful. I wasn't expecting the case to be that big but I'll take it! lol.

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
I nearly bought that kit, but passed due to the sizes being painted on the sockets. I googled and a couple reviews complained the paint tended to come off making the sizes illegible.

I don't know why they didn't both engrave and paint the sockets.

Ah well, I hope they last well for you and this isn't really an issue as it certainly is an attractive set and a good deal.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
I agree on the sexiness, I got the model down from that set for christmas (130pc set I believe) and they're awesome, compliments my other sets, my trunk is a rolling toolbox! (force of habit, used to drive POS junkers)

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
Ottawa as well. I bought mine at the CT on Marivale and Hunt Club.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
$70? wtf is that bs? lol

·
Registered
282 Posts
$70? wtf is that bs? lol
For CT, if there is something you like to get but don't need right away, you should be able to pick it up for 65-75% off eventually. U just gotta keep an eye on their weekly flyers. I picked up their Mastercraft 233 piece set for $85 around Xmas time.
Mastercraft 233-piece Socket Set | Canadian Tire

Not as sexy as the black chrome, but it had everything I needed. Now I just have to decide what to do with all of my other odd socket pieces.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts