Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only problem I had was tighting the bottom screw. I got it hand tight right now until I find a flexable extention.....comments and tips are welcomed.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How do you like it? How does it sound? Where and how much was it?

It is top of my list for my next mod.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer your questions:

It sounds a lot smoother than the stock BOV and I think i was about 154 from MAP. Like I said, the bottom bolt is a pain. I will have to find that flexable extension.

·
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
747 Posts
To answer your questions:

It sounds a lot smoother than the stock BOV and I think i was about 154 from MAP. Like I said, the bottom bolt is a pain. I will have to find that flexable extension.
Did you take out your intake before installing the Forge BOV? You should get quite a bit of room after.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, I thought the extention would work. But I will find an extention that is flexible....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
what does it sound like/do at light to half throttle? My Forge doesn't close, you can hear obvious leak, if I go over half throttle it closes tight and boost builds like usual. Forge rep said thats normal.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
That is normal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The problem I came across was it sounded like fluttering so I checked my install work and low and behold I didn't have the crescent moon part on the BOV matched up with the crescent part on the part where it connects.
The problem with the BOV is that it will connect the wrong way meaning the holes are not lined up
So check your work.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you take it off, just look at the way the crescent is on the turbo and make sure the cresent on the BOV matches....simple as pie!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey I just bought mine and wanted to ask without a new thread. Mine did not come with new bolts. can I use the ones from the stock BPV?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts