Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a forge bov on my 2013 gen bk2. It came with three springs. I thought that I had to use the yellow spring because of it used for the the bk2 but I couldn't get it to release at high rpm's or at all. I swapped springs and used the green which I thought was for the bk1 for less psi and it works now. Does anyone else use the yellow spring that doesn't have a tune?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed a forge bov on my 2013 gen bk2. It came with three springs. I thought that I had to use the yellow spring because of it used for the the bk2 but I couldn't get it to release at high rpm's or at all. I swapped springs and used the green which I thought was for the bk1 for less psi and it works now. Does anyone else use the yellow spring that doesn't have a tune?

What's your boost peak at?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
15psi. At least that's what the factory gauge says. I took it for a spin and it reaches peak boost at 15psi on WOT but it starts tapering off.

Green is 5-15psi. Yellow is 15-23psi. You're right on the cusp but yellow needs a bit more pressure to open. Enough that would open up to 23lbs.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green is 5-15psi. Yellow is 15-23psi. You're right on the cusp but yellow needs a bit more pressure to open. Enough that would open up to 23lbs.

I see the reason to use the green spring but it seems like it doesn't hold peak boost for very long. It is a major improvement over the factory bov. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have a Forge BOV on my 10 Mazda CX7 and in addition to the springs it came with some diffrent thickness washers to go behind the spring to let you further fine tune it. I used yellow with the thin washer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a BK2 2.0T and I used the yellow spring before and after my tune with no issues. Stock BK2 should be able to boost up to 20psi despite the gauge only showing 15. I've had no issues with my SFR 1.5 tune and the yellow spring.

One of the next things I'm planning to change out are the gauges to more useful ones. I'm definitely curious as to what PSI I'm actually hitting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I couldn't use the yellow spring. I'm the 2nd owner of my car and the previous owner installed a greddy front mount core. I'm kinda guessing the car is leaking boost pressure.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,435 Posts
I use a yellow spring and a shim. See 22psi peak boost and around 22"Hg of vacuum at idle. It does vent at idle sometimes.

Make sure you service the Forge BOV at least once a year, probably twice is better.

They sell a rebuild kit with new piston and orings and some grease. FMDVSK-HGA

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a yellow spring and a shim. See 22psi peak boost and around 22"Hg of vacuum at idle. It does vent at idle sometimes.

Make sure you service the Forge BOV at least once a year, probably twice is better.

They sell a rebuild kit with new piston and orings and some grease. FMDVSK-HGA
So at stock I should be using the yellow spring?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts