Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,466 Posts
Since Camero mentioned the solenoid. I would disconnect it, then with the battery disconnected, test for continuity with a multimeter across the solenoid leads. Then try to start it with the solenoids disconnected

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,986 Posts
I've seen something like this on another forum and the 5v+ power from the ECU was pinched and shorted. As it is a common power source from the ECU for the sensors it can affect a myriad of things.

·
Registered
2014 Hoondai 🏎️💨 GC 2.0T FBO+SFR
157 Posts
Check that cable that Red Raspberry mentioned.
ECM/TCM/BCM/BSM all work with voltages and any deviation from spec can lead to the issue you are having too. I have seen vehicles where a customer 'ill do it myself for cheaper' has installed an aftermarket part and that part sends the wrong amount of voltage into the ECU, the ECU goes crazy and starts throwing codes for all sort of things.

I'm hopping that it's your ECU and not wiring cuz replacing the ECU is way easier and faster than finding a open circuit.

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis coupe 2.0t
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well y’all… check your fuses before spending $650 for an ecm and reprogram. Just take an extra 5-10 minutes pull all of your fuses and swap relays. It’ll save you in the long run.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts