Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I've had my Evo for nearly a couple years and they really hold their value well so I'm looking to trade in. I'm paying about 700/mo and realized that as amazing as my car is, I just don't need to keep spending that sort of money every month PLUS high insurance to drive around. The 2.0t r-spec is basically the only car I'm interested other than the V6 camaro. The camaro handles for crap but at least has some power to negate the annoyances of body roll. I prefer handling to speed and love the looks of the GC. I've driven both the GC and the camaro a couple times and I'm leaning towards the GC.

What I'm curious about is what are going to be my biggest adjustments from the evo to the GC. I currently have the SSS package on my car so the sound system is nice and I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius which I can roll over to any player. After a few months, what are some things that bother you. I've lurked on here for awhile reading lots of different posts and would like some direct feedback on most of the negatives that I can prepare for.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Well first, it's slow until modified. You know how slow it is from test driving it. Other than that, I don't have too many things I don't like about it after 15 months of owning it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well first, it's slow until modified. You know how slow it is from test driving it. Other than that, I don't have too many things I don't like about it after 15 months of owning it.
+1.

·
Registered
551 Posts
just trade me! I am missing my evo. I do love my GC though but they are 2 different worlds and are very hard to compare.

·
Registered
328 Posts
the biggest change you'll get? from AWD to RWD... slower is definite.. but... like they all said.. a little mod goes a FAR way...

·
KDM as F*CK
1,400 Posts
I love my GC, but personally, if I had the money to buy either a GC or Evo X, I'd probably pick the Evo X. The GC is a great car cause its cheap, turns a lot of heads, and is fun to drive. With just a tune the Evo X turns into a beast. Plus the AWD would be great for the winter and it's a 4 door so it has more room. But that is only my opinion. If you do get the GC, you won't be disappointed though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well first, it's slow until modified.
This is true, and while I'm very big into performance cars, I don't drag race or go to any tracks. I wont be modding very much. I just like having a little power while getting around town.

I love my GC, but personally, if I had the money to buy either a GC or Evo X, I'd probably pick the Evo X
That was my exact reasoning when i bought the X. There were many other cheaper cars I was kicking around but I've always heard the evo/sti are the most fun with the compromise of practicality. I'm spending about 1K a month on my car and its just annoying to spend that money even though I have it to spend. I rarely use my back seat or trunk and could put about 500 a month to something more useful while still having a fun car. Either way, its just something I've been kicking around a few months and no one has anything negative to say about the GC other than there are better cars for more money, but aren't there always? Unfortunately in Austin there is only one dealership with a 2.0 r-spec so i doubt they'll let me borrow it for a day to really get used to it...

·
Registered
146 Posts
get the 3.8 r-spec you will be very happy =P and you don't need the mods. its like the v6 camaros power with the handling of this 2.0t r-spec problem sovled and you still won't be spending big bucks

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
get ready to dump all the money ull be saving from the evo x trade in into the gc... its the only way to make it run and/or at least break the 13 sec barrier ;) gl

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
get ready to dump all the money ull be saving from the evo x trade in into the gc... its the only way to make it run and/or at least break the 13 sec barrier ;) gl
And because modifying this thing is just so goddamn addictive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
AWD to RWD? 4 doors to 2doors? 300hp stock to 210stock? If I was choosing between the 2 the evo X would be it! the evo X also responds to mods better then the GC and there are plenty of true tuning solutions for the EVO X.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
For the Camaro - I don't care about it. It's not my type of car so no comment.

I was looking at trading in my GC for an EVO or STi, more so that I wanted a performance sedan or wagon with AWD and a turbo.

Just can't get over the interiors. The GC was a step down from my previous car, and the EVO and STi I just don't like, very spartan and unappealing.

Dislike BMW's because the wrong drivers have them. Audi A4 is too big, A3 is a possibility. Waiting to see if they start upgrading the 2.0T as it's a lateral move from the GC if anything by way of performance.

Legacy GT is too big, though the previous generation was perfect in every aspect. Mitsubishi is lacking presence beyond the Lancer period.

Then again I am old, but I figure if I spend 98% of my time in the driver seat, at least make it interesting to be there.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
$1 grand/month, I would probably want to trade too.....Looking at less than 2/3s that or maybe even 1/2 that for 2.0 R-Spec w/decent down payment. I've owned a 2.0 R-Spec for over a year now & tracked it several times. I can honestly say I love the car much more than the bimmer I traded in on it. But like others have said, you will want to modify it to get some decent power & its is VERY addictive with this car.....so the modding may never stop & the $$ you saved will get spent anywho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts