Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I came back to my car from class today to the parking garage and saw this:

Of course whoever hit my car did not leave a note or anything and drove off. I am still fuming right now. Anyways, my car was backed in up to a curb at a parking spot, so my guess is the person who hit my car hit it so hard that it rocked the car and scratched the back. does anyone know if i would need a new bumper and if i need to get a new paint job? how much do you guys think the repairs would cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Was the back portion next to a wall or another car? In order to get scratched?

Yes new bumper if cracked, depends on your deductible may want to report it, but should always get police report when it happens so the insurance company has less doubt when it happened.

I have a dent on the very bottom of my door and not sure how it got there, might of been at the dealer when i left it there, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was parked against a small wall. and the reason i'm not reporting to my insurance is because i have a high deductible. since i'm going to the dealer next week, i'm gonna ask them for a quote on the front bumper replacement and the repainting of the rear. however, i was wondering if anyone knows what kind of price i should expect at the dealer. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
i was parked against a small wall. and the reason i'm not reporting to my insurance is because i have a high deductible. since i'm going to the dealer next week, i'm gonna ask them for a quote on the front bumper replacement and the repainting of the rear. however, i was wondering if anyone knows what kind of price i should expect at the dealer. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
If your deductible is $750 or less, I'd turn it in to insurance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your deductible is $750 or less, I'd turn it in to insurance.
I thought about that, but my deductible right now is at $1000. It was the only way I was able to get my insurance for full coverage at under $650/year. (Note: This is the 2nd vehicle insured, which is why I have a low rate for the GC.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Feel you pain. I hit a big chunk of debris on the highway in the middle of the night and tore my front bumper cover (mine's a 2013 also). Took it to a good body shop (which incidentally my insurance also recommended), and here's what the bill came in at:

1) $314 for the front bumper cover (unpainted)
2) $126 for the paint
3) $3.6 hours labor @ $80/hr = $288

Total: $728 before sales tax. Doubt the dealer will be less.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I feel your pain bro. I got my '13 GC a week ago, and just two days ago discovered two noticeable scratches on my rear bumper. Street parking in NYC sucks, there are so many terrible drivers who will do anything to squeeze into a spot. I purchased a bumper bully so hopefully that will prevent any further scratches.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Feel you pain. I hit a big chunk of debris on the highway in the middle of the night and tore my front bumper cover (mine's a 2013 also). Took it to a good body shop (which incidentally my insurance also recommended), and here's what the bill came in at:

1) $314 for the front bumper cover (unpainted)
2) $126 for the paint
3) $3.6 hours labor @ $80/hr = $288

Total: $728 before sales tax. Doubt the dealer will be less.
Wow, that is really cheap.

When I had to fix damage to my front bumper, fender, & front spoiler thing on my RX8 it came out to $3500 from the body shop. Cash payment.

Could be because of the fender & bottom spoiler thing and the higher cost of parts, but that cost is why I drove around with a damaged rear bumper for a year or two until I traded in for my GC.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My 13' front bumper broke by the corner. I went to the dealer to get a quote and it came out around 800$ that's the front bumper painted to match the car's color and passenger fender shroud( the black plastic piece that goes top half of the wheel/under the fender

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
273 Posts
The bumpers on these cars are brittle get used to the cracks. My car has 35k miles on it and has had three replacement bumpers.

Well it's ready for number four this mourning I hit a cat going 60 and it broke the front bumper ripped the fender liner out and also cracked the back bumper on the way out.

I wish Hyundai had used something more flexible! :mad:

·
Registered
619 Posts
hyundai quoted us at like 380.00 for a front bumper not painted.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The dealer charged me 313.74 for my bumper. I had severale other things replaced including paint and repair of one fender,fender liner,ect.

Grand total was 840.31.

2012 Rspec

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
And this would be a good reason why this makes sense...

This will record even if the car is off.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The bumper unpainted could be 700-800 bucks at least.
Unpainted bumper from the warehouse is $342.92. That nasty scratch in the back would be my biggest concern. Did you file a police report for a hti and run?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently crashed my front bumper and passenger side fender and it needs to be replaced. Is there an online location where I can order these parts for cheap compared to spending a high dollar amount at the Hyundai Dealership.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts