Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone bought the sequence gt front lip and the side skirt or the front prodigy front lip polyurethane?? if so can you post pics and hows the fitment. thanks.:D

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
Too lazy to get their pics but as fitment-wise, it fits well since it's made out of poly allowing it to mold into the bumper more freely when installed than FG ones.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
The Prodigy front lip is not only available in a high grade fiberglass, but polyuerthane as well--which is exponentially more durable than Sequence's lip that is average fiberglass. Plus, the design of the Prodigy lip is superior because it follows the original body lines of the car, whereas Sequence's lip ignores the original body lines. Fit-wise, the Prodigy is better here too. Actually, the fiberglass Prodigy lip fits so perfectly that it will hold itself on without anything else attaching it to the car. In other words, you don't have to use screws, bolts, double-sided tape, silicone, or any other type of hardware or adhesive! So basically, no drilling into your bumper at all with the fiberglass Prodigy.

The Sequence sideskirts are ok, but will require a bit of work to fit them nice and flush to the side of the car. We can actually prepare the skirts in-house so that you can just bolt them right up with no modification necessary.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Prodigy front lip is not only available in a high grade fiberglass, but polyuerthane as well--which is exponentially more durable than Sequence's lip that is average fiberglass. Plus, the design of the Prodigy lip is superior because it follows the original body lines of the car, whereas Sequence's lip ignores the original body lines. Fit-wise, the Prodigy is better here too. Actually, the fiberglass Prodigy lip fits so perfectly that it will hold itself on without anything else attaching it to the car. In other words, you don't have to use screws, bolts, double-sided tape, silicone, or any other type of hardware or adhesive! So basically, no drilling into your bumper at all with the fiberglass Prodigy.

The Sequence sideskirts are ok, but will require a bit of work to fit them nice and flush to the side of the car. We can actually prepare the skirts in-house so that you can just bolt them right up with no modification necessary.

can you post pics of the front lip that your talking about. thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts

So Mike,

with the Prodigy... as I drive my car all yr long and thru winter, is the Prodigy easy to remove in the fall, and easy to reinstall in the spring?

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
So Mike,

with the Prodigy... as I drive my car all yr long and thru winter, is the Prodigy easy to remove in the fall, and easy to reinstall in the spring?
Yes, quite easy. I take mine off all the time! (Like my Coupe is now...sitting in the garage Prodigy-less).

With the urethane version, you just have to remove any screws or bolts that may be sunk in. It pulls right off. If you use double-sided tape along the top edge under the fog bezels as well, then this can be removed by lightly heating up one edge and gently pulling it up. Continue to heat it along the edges where the tape is until it's all removed. Pretty easy.

Since the fiberglass version doesn't require any hardware or adhesive, you just have to push in one end of the bumper to give yourself a bit of clearance--then pull off one side of the lip. Repeat for the other side. Done.

Since both options are so easy to install and remove, there really is no reason not to go with the urethane Prodigy. Though the fiberglass is very high quality, it's still not going to be as durable as urethane over the life of the car. Plus, there's really nothing wrong with sinking a couple screws up into the bumper--so the only advantage to the fiberglass version really isn't enormously significant.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts
The Prodigy front lip is the only polyurethane one on the market, so I'm fairly certain he's speaking about the same one I am.
KSportline also has a polyurethane front lip..

or better yet.. a 5 piece kit for the whole car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts