Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lately when making a slow, hard left turn I am hearing a slight clunking noise from the left front of the car. It is very intermittent, and I am having a hard time even getting it to duplicate. The car tracks perfectly straight, and the tires are not wearing at all. Any ideas what might be causing it? It happened 3 or 4 times yesterday when driving slowly through a parking lot and making a tight left to park the car. I tried about a half dozen times to see if it would do it again, and I could not get it to do it again! No odd sounds when going over railroad tracks or small potholes! It drives perfectly when on the freeway about 65+mph and has no vibration or pulling to either side.I don't know if the temperature might have anything to do with it. It was 114 degrees F here then.

The car has 129,000 miles and is a 2012 3.8 Track automatic.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the originals! And my aftermarket warranty does not cover struts! Bummer!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

·
Advenio Pariter
3,964 Posts
Take a look at your tie rods too. My wife had an odd intermittent clunking when turning left as I recall on her Elantra. It was fixed under warranty. I am thinking either a tie rod or the link to the stabilizer bar. I cannot remember which.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts