Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

I'm selling a used Flossy shift knob, it's black with no custom writing/engraving but it does have the standard "Flossy" written on one side of it, this can be faintly seen in the first picture below. it also has the optional boot retainer insert, which is slightly damaged because i had to use a vice grip to remove it from the shifter threads when it got stuck on there and came out of the knob itself. aside from that damage (which is inside the knob and not visible at all when installed) it is in brand new condition. only had it on there for a few days before i took it off, and the reason i took it off was because the boot retainer ring does not actually hold up the shifter boot (on a stock shifter anyway, i don't know about Short throw shifters).
after i removed this knob and once again got used to my stock knob someone sent me this link: http://www.gencoupe.com/diy-do-yourself/119259-shift-boot-fix.html showing me how to keep the shifter boot up so it is an easy fix, i just never did it because i decided to keep using my stock knob at that point and intend to keep doing so, hence why I'm selling this now.

Price: $70 shipped anywhere in the US, and I'd like to keep it in the US because i hate filling out customs forms. might go international though if nobody in the US wants it. LOCAL PICKUP GETS PRIORITY OVER ALL OTHER OFFERS

PM me or text me at 718-3o9-922seven

pics:

Damage side 1

Damage side 2

·
SoFla GenCoupe
1,353 Posts
Do you NEED the boot retainer to be able to install it? I might be interested...

·
SoFla GenCoupe
1,353 Posts
Nvm i realized what you explained.. Does the knob get really hot! Do you know what material its made out of? The metal ones goes get extremely hot down here in SoFla lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the brief period i used it for was during the winter so i can't comment on how hot it gets, but the knob is made of metal. however i've heard that the textured finish of flossy knobs prevents them from getting as scolding hot as the smooth metal knobs made by other companies.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sale pending

EDIT : SOLD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts