Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Asking $85.00, UPS shipping included to lower 48 states (see bottom post for details).

Up for sale is this barely used OBX LWCP for the 3.8 V6 GC. This unit weighs in a super light .916 lbs. Comparably the stock crank pulley is a hefty 4.4 lbs.

Precision CNC machined from a solid block of T6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum, this is one of the most AFFORDABLE mods one can do for their 3.8.

You know what it's for, what it does, so snag it up for a great price.

Tools required: 24" minimum length breaker bar, torque wrench capable of 220 ft lbs, 22mm socket needed for the crank pulley bolt and a 19mm socket needed to move the tensioner to slip the belt off.

Installation is as follows:
  • Stick it in 6th
  • Yank the e-brake like a champ
  • Loosen the crank bolt (the crank will move a few degrees due to the sprung clutch hub and dual mass flywheel)
  • Slip off the belt
  • Replace the pulley
  • Have your friend (hot lady friends recommended) stand on the brakes
  • Tighten the crank bolt to 215-220 ft lbs (be sure to flex for hot lady friend)
  • Slip the belt back on
  • Chug a beer with your friend 'cause your done (chug additional as needed for not so hot lady friends)

FSM spec sheet with belt outline and torque values included. Brand new I paid $102 shipped.

Only has about 100 miles on it so I'm asking $85 with included shipping to the lower 48 states only via Paypal ([email protected]). UPS tracking provided.

·
I miss my Genesis.
209 Posts
Why are you selling? What sort of difference did it make (noticeable, etc.)?

Free bump, and GLWS :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you selling? What sort of difference did it make (noticeable, etc.)?

Free bump, and GLWS :)
Why sell? Although the car ran perfectly fine, there are rumors of LWCP in general being bad for cars. I couldn't find any concrete proof our motors would suffer issues down the road from a LWCP but honestly, I plan on installing a light weight flywheel instead so a LWCP isn't really necessary. If the thought of a lighter flywheel seems too expensive to purchase and install (it is), a LWCP is the cheaper, quicker alternative.

There are members on the board with 40-50k+ miles that daily drive and occasionally track with this mod and have had zero issues so far.

Noticeable difference? Most definitely. Engine overall response is improved, especially in the first 3 gears. Faster revs & acceleration. Although I haven't seen any dynos of this product on the 3.8, I have seen plenty on my old Tiburon's 2.7l and power and torque is increased proportionately throughout the entire power band. It basically bumps the power band up 5-10 whp. MPG's should improve as well since less rotational mass is on the crank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts