Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really trying to avoid this until later however, I need the money to fund other projects.

Item Description: For sale is the TX1 from the manual transmission project, it's classified as used/refurbished.
There is no damage or abuse to the housing or gears. The synchros show sign of wear however all are functioning, none are broken and none are missing teeth. All bearings and bushings are in perfect working order. Roughly 20,000 km's on the housing 5,000 km's on the gears and synchros. This is the better of the two transmissions I have as spares and was only replaced due to gear lock out and a slight 5th gear grind.

There is no warranty on the transmission through Hyundai or myself.

To the interested party, I will be reassembling the transmission and realigning the synchros to fix Hyundai's poor assembly methods or if not wanted, I'll simply slap it back together for you to sort out yourself.

Transmission will NOT be shipped with fluid and is the buyers responsibility. If reassembled by me it will be reassembled with assembly lube, no need to flush, simply add the desired fluid. If the transmission is not reassembled by me, the gears and synchros will be de-greased and then misted with assembly lube to prevent moisture damage.

Zero issues with slave cylinder or throw out bearing, both in perfect working order with no abuse.

Crank position sensor not included. Can use A/T CKPS sensor if using for manual swap.

Contact Information: Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected], buyer will be provided a phone number.

Asking Price: $1100 or $1200 if you'd like me to make it ready to run.
A new end nut is recommend at additional cost however the old one could be reused.

Location: Transmission is currently in Moose Jaw, SK, Canada. Shipping is at buyers expense or I will drive up to 500km's to deliver or meet up. Willing to meet at North Dakota or Montana boarder crossings as well. Other shipping will be at buyers expense and must be arranged by the buyer. Transmission will be suspension crated if required for free or will be delivered in a bag out of the back of my coupe if done in person.

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
Bump for Mr Snoop.

And Snoop, off topic sorry, but where is a good place to put a Tranny Temp gauge on there?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you've got a few options.
1) Tap a hole into the drain plug, but know that it'll run the risk of getting knocked off.
2) Tap into the fill plug and either bend the probe or take ambient trans temp (air temp inside trans).
or what I'd personally do, 3) drill a hole in the side of the transmission case and tap it there, above the bottom but below the fill hole so the plug is submerged. This however requires the trans-fluid get drained and ideally, you'd do this with the case off the transmission to make sure there's no filings inside the transmission casing.

I can do any of the options if someone wants before shipping the transmission and reassembling it. Typical temperature probe thread is 1/8" NPT but verify with your desired gauge specs. I can tap nearly any size and thread, even metric.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
^thanks. And like you said the drilling into the tranny is what I thought would probably be the best. It's just doing the tranny fluid and making sure everything is sealed up, without getting shavings into it. I'll probably hold off a while and see what the future holds for me. I might do it ambient, but then there is room for error with the sensor not being in the tranny entirely.

Thanks for the info! And I'll let you know if I need any help with anything soon!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts