Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
I am completing my fuel system and need some advice on a fuel pump. I'm running a return system with E85 and will hopefully be running in the 330-375whp range.
I am wondering if I should/need to run an aftermarket pump and if so what size. Again it has to be E85 compliant.
I have read a lot of post on other forums with people killing slot of pumps especially when running E85. I am thinking after seeing this thread the relay fix could be a cause to a lot of people's problems and might help me from killing pumps. So I will def. do this.

But should I keep the factory pump for good oem reliability. Or do I need a bugger pump for my fuel system/whp goals? Could someone recommend which pump, DW 200 is what I'm thinking? And I have heard a lot of people complaining about running a single big pump and prefer running 2 pumps instead. I think the best setup is to keep oem pump and add a second pump for when extra fuel is needed. Is there anyway to run a dual pump system in our cars besides the expensive BR system that I know is awesome, just don't have the money for it.

Sorry for all the questions but any help would be appreciated

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
A 400 Wally might be over-kill for me. And also I don't think the smaller walboro's are E85 compliant. I think the 465 or w/e is called is the only ones that is isn't it? Snoopy I'm sure you know about dual pump setups tho? Is there any possibility for us without BR's are a heavily modified setup I don't want to get into?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
13,005 Posts
A 400 Wally might be over-kill for me. And also I don't think the smaller walboro's are E85 compliant. I think the 465 or w/e is called is the only ones that is isn't it? Snoopy I'm sure you know about dual pump setups tho? Is there any possibility for us without BR's are a heavily modified setup I don't want to get into?

The 400 is E85 compliant.
A dual setup would be completely overkill for you since a 400 will run 1600cc injectors at max on the I4.
Don't forget that I'll be only running 550cc injectors, just higher pressure to make more flow. 400 is a solid pump.
That last part I don't really understand, sorry. "BR's"?

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
Yeah after looking at the 400 it looks like a good option. I just thought it would be overkill. Do you know if it is a drop-in figment?

I just had hesitation about running such a large pump cause some people complain about problems when running a large single pump. This was the only reason I asked about an OEM pump and aftermarket dual pump setup.

Sorry I was talking about Beyond Redlined Dual Pump tank.

· buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
your stock fuel pump is a 235. so going to a 255 is useless. go with the 400. with the e85 I think you need to be 450 to be honest

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
Yea I already have the fpr peice and everything for my return setup. But thanks for the info guys I'm gonna go with the 400. But another question is the 400 the same thing as the 450? Cause all I really saw was the E85 450

· wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
your stock fuel pump is a 235. so going to a 255 is useless. go with the 400. with the e85 I think you need to be 450 to be honest
Um where did you get that info? When I switched to my DW200 I saw a 3psi increase... so I guess my stock pump couldn't keep up

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
I already have the fpr delete and my full return line system. The resin I ask about it being a drop in figment is cause The pics on a non-mentioned company's website that just came out with a return line system for sale looks like they cut out a lot of plastic to get it to fit. I was also thinking of the deatschwerks 320lph cause it's E85 compliant and is known to be a simple drop in with a genesis install kit. And the 320lph might be closer to what I need as far as power wise. But they are right around the same price to if the. 450 is a simple drop in I'd probably go that route

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
Also I'm only running 700's. I'm hoping the return line and bigger pump would help out some to hit my E85 goals. If it's a little short then no biggie I'm not a dyno number queen.
But this is also making me think of the 450 over the 320lph

· Premium Member
13,005 Posts
700's are pretty much the max for the OE fuel pump unless you drop the pressure, which is possible with a boost referenced FPR kit.

I'll actually be installing that unnamed companies kit.

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
Yeah I am Defenitely gonna be upgrading the pump. Just to try and get as much out of the 700's as possible. Yeah their kit looks nice. I have pretty much duplicated their kit without even knowing it. I am using the same fragile lines and fittings. I would have bought it if it was out when I purchased all my parts. So I hate to ask again but would u think the deatschwerks 320lph that I know is 100% plug and play. Or go with the walbro 450 that I'm not 100% sure is plug and play(it looks like they have different plugs and again like I said the companies pump looks to have been modified to fit it)?

· Premium Member
13,005 Posts
The DW pump will probably do you good. At factory pressure it'll run 1000cc injectors at a safe 80% DC. Just be aware though, some people have seen pump failures with the DW pumps so just something to keep in mind, not sure if it's the GC specific pump or just a DW thing.

Oh and you won't be seeing any fragile lines with my kit from them :) Got upgraded braided lines, Teflon inserts and poly coated, basically, high flowing brake lines :D

· Norman,OK
351 Posts
Yea I think the voltage drop could be a reason it's killing them. So maybe that will help.

Sorry I didn't mean to put fragile. Damn auto-correct. I meant to say fragola performance lines and fittings. I will be using the same as you :)

· Jedi Master
6,454 Posts

· buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
Um where did you get that info? When I switched to my DW200 I saw a 3psi increase... so I guess my stock pump couldn't keep up
think BBB told me that. unless I heard wrong. stock pump can get 380hp from my understanding. which is true because I know what I put down on dyno. my pump actually needs to be changed

41 - 60 of 65 Posts