Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

· wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm definitely going to do the relay since I'm pretty sure that's what killed my first DW pump

· Registered
35 Posts
700's are pretty much the max for the OE fuel pump unless you drop the pressure, which is possible with a boost referenced FPR kit.

I'll actually be installing that unnamed companies kit.
Hey Snoopy, so i read the DIY relay thread and this thread, i have a stage 2 BTR tune for my 2.0 Rspec, and i installed a stage two clutch and flywheel and a couple spacers for the heck of it. but when i hit about 6700 rpm it starts feeling like it's gasping. I can only assume it's the additional air and i was thinking of upgrading the fuel pump and getting an FPR. But then i read about the voltage drop and how one of the guys on the thread went back to the "return-less" system after doing the relay mod and it fixed the issue. i'd really like your opinion...upgrade the fuel pump and get an adjustable or boost referenced FPR, which if i do, i'm guessing it's not plug and play and i'd have to do a return system, if getting something like this guy here or would i?:

http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6-disc...-fuel-system-upgrades-pump-fpr-pic-heavy.html

or just do the relay mod and pray for better fuel flow to the injectors?

Thank you in advance

· Premium Member
794 Posts
Hey Snoopy, so i read the DIY relay thread and this thread, i have a stage 2 BTR tune for my 2.0 Rspec, and i installed a stage two clutch and flywheel and a couple spacers for the heck of it. but when i hit about 6700 rpm it starts feeling like it's gasping. I can only assume it's the additional air and i was thinking of upgrading the fuel pump and getting an FPR. But then i read about the voltage drop and how one of the guys on the thread went back to the "return-less" system after doing the relay mod and it fixed the issue. i'd really like your opinion...upgrade the fuel pump and get an adjustable or boost referenced FPR, which if i do, i'm guessing it's not plug and play and i'd have to do a return system, if getting something like this guy here or would i?:

http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6-disc...-fuel-system-upgrades-pump-fpr-pic-heavy.html

or just do the relay mod and pray for better fuel flow to the injectors?

Thank you in advance
The one i'm selling is almost plug and play, but i suggest doing the relay as well.
http://www.gencoupe.com/private-classifieds-engine/626586-fuel-return-line-pump-90-plug-play.html

· Registered
469 Posts
I'm definitely going to do the relay since I'm pretty sure that's what killed my first DW pump
Any idea which relay is best replacement for the stock one? If the stock pump runs 10-20amps max I'm guessing I wouldn't need more than a 25? It's cool that AMS tested the OEM pump to get 185lph at 55psi. If you compare it to the DW200 or DW300 you can see they flow more at those pressures. I doubt the stock pump hits 180lph at higher pressures than that but who knows how it's designed:/ Either way for pump gas you might get a bit more flow without going to a huge pump that requires 12 gauge wiring for 15amps at idle.

Attachments

61 - 65 of 65 Posts