Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Today I have installed Garage Line wheel spacers on the front and back of my 2014 Genesis coupe Ultimate.
I have 19x8.5 wheels all around. Front tires = 225/40 19R. Rear tires = 245/40 19R.
20mm spacers in front and 25mm in the back.

I torqued them to spec at 90 lbs and I torqued the wheels to 90lbs as well.

I drove down the road and noticed a significant wobble at 25mph in the steering wheel. (Video posted)
This had never happened before. I got out of the car and re-torqued the front lug nuts and it seemed like some of them needed to be torqued again. Drove down the road again and had to torque the lug nuts again.
The drive down the road and back is about 1/4 mile.

VIDEO: https:// (REMOVE SPACE) photos.app.goo.gl/XaJXfRB5AR3gB8p97

EDIT: So my brother had come over and we drove the car some more and he didn't notice anything when he drove. The more and more I drove it and checked the lugnuts, the less the steering wheel wobbles.
I do notice that 1 or 2 of the lugnuts in the front will have some play when I need to re-torque/check them. Not loose as in hand turning, but when I use the torque wrench, I can feel some play.

Cant post links since I dont have post count higher than 5, sorry!

·
That Guy
89 Posts
Before you put the spacers on did you make sure you cleaned off all the rust and trash from the stock hub?
The number 1 failure in spacer installs is not cleaning up the area first to make sure they mount square.
Also I'm assuming since they are garage line they have a hub did you confirm the hub is the correct size so you are hubcentric not lugcentric?

·
NOOB
167 Posts
AFAIK GarageLine spacers are bored correctly for the GC at 67.1mm, so he should not need a ring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts