Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I drive a 2011 genesis coupe 2.0t. I upgraded the turbo and am now fbo and tuned, really fun car. When I first got the new turbo on, I didn’t have injectors/fuel pump or any other mods really (besides exhaust). I remember while driving on the freeway, I would press the gas pedal at a constant rate (no boost) and the pedal would stop working almost, exhaust note changes, starts to pop loud when it doesn’t at that rpm usually. At the time I thought it was because I wasn’t tuned. Well I’m tuned now and this issue still persists. Sometimes turning off the car and back on helps. Noticed the issue after the new turbo was in and I switched to 93. Is this a solenoid issue? Wastegate? Fuel pressure regulator? Anything helps, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I replaced the fuel pump relay and did nothing. Still ran bad on the freeway/cruising. Then I removed the fuel pump and reassembled it, it’s been good since. Sometimes when I prime the pump I hear it loud meanwhile sometimes it’s not as loud and will take a second to start. But working great now. I noticed the car runs dramatically better in cold weather. When I got the car tuned it was 50 degrees outside. Cold for Texas.. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with how it runs.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,882 Posts
Wdym? They were a grey color if I remember correctly. Blue o rings.
The body. I think the OE are gray. DW550 blue body ones do not fit well and I had issues with gas smell and poor performance. The improved version is a black body.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,882 Posts
I would contact DW. Explain what you have and ask if they are the correct injector. I contacted them about the poor fit of the blue ones and they sent me the proper ones free of charge.

If you need immediate assistance, please call the main line @ 405.217.0701 or email [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts