·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Word!

Been carpooling to work. **** driving my car. Lol

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
What really sucks is they are gonna get MUCH worse!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
yep supposuly we are loosing the war on gas and sources say gonna go up to 4bucks by summer. Less Beach trips thats all :)
Originally they said $5/gal by end of the year, but looking more like $8/gal considering what is going on in Egypt & the surrounding areas. :(

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Well, last time oil was super high $140 or so, gas topped out just above $4/gallon. We're at $100 ($96.50 for futures at this moment according to bloomberg) that means oil would have to hit $230/barrel to get $8/gallon gas... Even if the mid east blew up it would only reduce our supply by 20%... Most comes from Canada and Mexico anyway. I'd say $5 looks about right for summer.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Well, last time oil was super high $140 or so, gas topped out just above $4/gallon. We're at $100 ($96.50 for futures at this moment according to bloomberg) that means oil would have to hit $230/barrel to get $8/gallon gas... Even if the mid east blew up it would only reduce our supply by 20%... Most comes from Canada and Mexico anyway. I'd say $5 looks about right for summer.
Good, that makes me feel a little better....still glad I only live a few miles from work. :rolleyes:

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Red bull, I never said I was happy about $5/gallon, just seems to be a likely mid summer price. Veloster, Ho!

·
I'm Imran.
2,708 Posts
this is bs..gas companies are taking advantage of us. prices are set bypredictions, but they're taking advantage of the consumer by jacking up the prices because of things happening in other countries (even though such jumps should be reflected after weeks of w/e incident is happening)

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
Hahahaha, thanks for the news flash. What's your plan to deal with it? I just stop going places when gas gets too high. The oil companies get the message when the supply builds up, and the prices go back down. It's not fair, but neither is life.

·
RedBull1
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Idk about everyone else but I baby my car around town and on the freeway. If you see me driving I will most likely be in the right lane. I average anywhere from 24mpg-26 on average but averaged 30 on the way to Vegas for sema. Like I said I baby it. Otherwise I'm guessing most people average around 19 or 20?

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
22-27mpg

FML!

I did 16 gallons, $61ish. I had another gallon an a half to go. I was like... F this! and stopped. This is BS.

·
Striped Genny
1,018 Posts
Seems whenever an Arab farts gas prices go up,and these EPA idiots here will not let us drill..

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Hahahaha, thanks for the news flash. What's your plan to deal with it? I just stop going places when gas gets too high. The oil companies get the message when the supply builds up, and the prices go back down. It's not fair, but neither is life.
I already don't go anywhere, except to my track events or to dyno my car. Otherwise we stay at home most of the time.

I may have to start driving a little easier & keep my foot off the floorboard...LoLz

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
My choices for driving to work in my garage right now -

- 6speed 3.8's BK (which gets 9.25mpg!)
- 2001 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (guess how good the mileage is!)

And my ECONOMICAL TWO LITER TURBO CAR is stuffed in the back of Crawford Performance's shop...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts