Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my gauges, thought they would have more instructions but they are really general. Got a boost/vacum and a digital a/f, nope! not a wideband dont really need it right now

few questions.

-what spot did you guys use to pass the cables from the cabin to the engine bay??? I was told by removing the center console it was really easy and you could almost see light on the other side... Well not really there is barely space.

-what color cable do i bite into to get a/f reading in my 02 sensor?

-where can i safely tap into to get the power i need for both of these?

I got a dual pod for the center console but i have no idea how to start wiring this :dunno:

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,767 Posts
A good spot for power, when the key is in run, at the console is the cigarette lighter wire.

If you don't have a WBO2 no sense in connecting the gage.

I ran my wires through the hood cable grommet.

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
You can get power from a fuse tap

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
711 Posts
finally got my gauges, thought they would have more instructions but they are really general. Got a boost/vacum and a digital a/f, nope! not a wideband dont really need it right now

few questions.

1.-what spot did you guys use to pass the cables from the cabin to the engine bay??? I was told by removing the center console it was really easy and you could almost see light on the other side... Well not really there is barely space.

-what color cable do i bite into to get a/f reading in my 02 sensor?

3. -where can i safely tap into to get the power i need for both of these?

I got a dual pod for the center console but i have no idea how to start wiring this :dunno:
1. theres a spot where the hood cable pass...I used that..

2. unless you want a light show...you are not going to get a A/F ratio with the stock o2 sensor..they are narrowband..you need an Wideband sensor..

3. for power I used the cigarrete ligthers...

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol! great so i wasted my money on a normal a/f gauge? this only shows ive never had gauges in any of my cars yay!!! -10 for me

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
yes sir i know that but which one?
In the driver side fuse box you can tap into the accessory fuse (on my iPhone right now so not 100% which one that is) but if you check the DIY Boost Gauge install thread he shows a couple of fuses you can tap into

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cant i tap into the factory 02 wide band sensor?

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
cant i tap into the factory 02 wide band sensor?
Negative soldier, the factory is only a narrowband. It won't give you any useful data. I suggest sticking the gauge in the closet until you can afford a shiny new wideband to attach to it.

(not a stab) I'm surprised you haven't stumbled across this info already, you have nearly 3x as many posts as me, lol.

good luck!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I passed the wires trought the hood cable grommet and yes narrowband gauge is useless, I discovered it the same way you did lol!

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the vacum/boost in. Waiting on the wideband, when i have both set up ill finish up the pod. Its installed but still need to cover the side up and paint it

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Negative soldier, the factory is only a narrowband. It won't give you any useful data. I suggest sticking the gauge in the closet until you can afford a shiny new wideband to attach to it.

(not a stab) I'm surprised you haven't stumbled across this info already, you have nearly 3x as many posts as me, lol.

good luck!
Thank for the info. I know engines, mufflers, planes and dirt bikes but i have never installed gauges and electronic work is my weak side so i had no understanding on narrow vs. Wideband. I did search around but didnt find info to answer my questions

Called glowshift up, sent them back my narrowband in exanged for a wideband and paid the difference. Thanks again for the help and info

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,767 Posts
I will use my oil temp gage as the coolant temp gage too. They use the same sender. Here is where I installed the coolant temp sender. Drilled and tapped it while the coolant was still in and all. If the coolant is not hot you will not loose hardly any.

I will have to rig up a switch to see either the oil temp or coolant temp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts