Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i got some ODBII port info and gauge questions. I was waiting for the Unavi VID to come out, but after an email recently from arvin it seems like that won't be for awhile.

The VID project being administered by the co-op of UNAVi and the VID user-interface developer is currently on hold due to a merger of the latter company with a 3rd party company.
We have expressed our urgency of getting this finalized, but currently I’m in no position to provide the ETA.
PowerAXEL will do everything in its power to make this happen in condition that the companies involved realizes the market in demand.
I sincerely apologize for the wait.

Many thanks,
Arvin M. Ko
PowerAXEL
A Divison of AutoMotif Group, Inc.

i happened up on this today and wondered what you all thought. My idea is that the VID was gonna get all the information from the ODBII port anyway, so this gauge option "should" provide the same options, just not having all the information on display at once. Just wondering what you all thought about them displaying the same information that we would get from the VID system. I still want to get the VID system since it shows alot of information all at once. i want to be able to see more than my boost, afr and water meth levels but don't want to load down my car with gauges and the variable gauge looks interesting.

here is the youtube link to the ODBII port gauges

not sure if im allowed to do this but let me know if im not, this is the link to the actual gauges, if i need to remove it please let me know before i get kicked or something :(

PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im not thinking clearly right now sorry... the reason this is in the "tech" section is basically will this be able to read information like fluid pressure and temps like the VID would? i guess it should since they are both running off ODBII, but assuming makes an ass out of you and me. also wondering if the community has any experience with these types of systems and what their experiences are.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
well... any sender data from the motor that the ECU reads could theoretically be read by anything plugged into the OBDII port. Thing is though you're not going to get AFR off the OBDII port (I don't think...) because we don't have any O2 wideband sensors in the stock system.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that makes sense, i already have a AFR sensor, i would mainly use it for boost/fluid temp/pressures and i like the idea of having 1-2 gauges that would be able to do what i want it to since i would only want the fluid information from time to time.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
that makes sense, i already have a AFR sensor, i would mainly use it for boost/fluid temp/pressures and i like the idea of having 1-2 gauges that would be able to do what i want it to since i would only want the fluid information from time to time.
Here's a link to a video for the Aeroforces gauges, I think Tufast has one of those in his GC, you can program the output form a wide variety of sensor data and have them cycle trhough in the order you want, they even have red/colored "Max" LEDs to warn you if you go over a certain threshold.

Aeroforce SRT4 gauge demo - Car Videos on StreetFire

·
Severed member
1,598 Posts
I was looking at the PLX DM-200 gauge for my needs. The PLX system will not allow you to use the ODB2 boost reading. They could, but they have not allowed it as they want you to buy the PLX boost module instead.

Looking at it all its about $550 for a DM-200 setup with WB and boost...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts