Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, question to my knowledgable comrades,
I would like to order some Prosport Gauges such as Air/Fuel Ratio,
Boost or PSI, what else should i get and I also do not understand some of the other gauges in terms of Electrical or Mechanical types?? Any explanations welcome

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you have a 3.8 and I don't see you added a turbo your your mod list anywhere, what would be the purpose of getting a boost gauge?

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
those gauges will be pretty useless for you

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought psi applies to any engine pressure output and back pressure without turbo and boost was just another term..

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
it will work....... it'll just read negative pressure (Vacuum) instead of positive pressure (boost)

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Boost gauge will be useless like mentioned.
A/F ratio gauge is only really needed if you are custom tuning. Canned tunes are usually pretty safe so afr gauge isn't really necessary.

Only gauge I'd consider would be Oil temp.

Mechanical vs Electrical. You can Google that dude

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the explanations.. Im going to get Psi only.. What about custom digital gauges or just aftermarket for the speedometer and rpm?? Any companies on that yet?

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Ok. I think you misunderstand us. Do not get a boost gauge. 'psi' is a unit of measurement so if you are saying you are getting a 'psi' gauge in reference to a boost gauge, don't. It'd be a waste of money.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Guys, I think he's looking to get the turbo kit and needs advice on which guages to get.

With that said, boost, AFR, and oil temp. In fact, get the oil temp now so you can get an idea of what normal operating temp should be. MSA guage pod is a good choice for a guage pod, btw.

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
I dont think he's looking to get a turbo, he just wants the gauges because racecar

·
Black 3.8GT
455 Posts
Agreed, those gauges become much more useful in a turbo application but there's no indication in the first post that he is getting the kit. Given the previous comments, very unlikely.

It's cuz racecar indeed.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
I'd go with Oil Temp, Tranny Temp, and Volts/water temp/intake temp, in that order too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Paycheck2Paycheck
259 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Okie... I just have to say this... if you put a boost gauge on a NA car, you can see how much your car sucks! :rofl:

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts