Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Do you like the idea?

• I would love a colored film protector!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I might get into it if they look good...

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I like the clear stock look.

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Regular User
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see how many people would be interested in pre-cut protector/covers for the mirror mounted turn signals.

I think they would look sweet with a smoke colored tint but I'm pretty sure Lamin-x could make them in any color. I sent them an email today and hoping for a reply tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
In many states (USA) and provinces (Canada), you could get a fine for covering your headlight or any turning signals (by making them darker). May want to check before you install them.

·
Regular User
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's apparently not important enough for them anyway. They suggested I use a roll of the universal crap.... oh well.

The legality of it, well, it's assumed that everyone here, does every mod they do with the awareness that most of them aren't actually legal. That's why so many mods have that little disclaimer that says for off road purposes only or something similar. The buyer assumes the risk with everything.

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
What is the point? Mirrors need no protection, not prone to chips or damage from the elements. and you just reduce the ability to see behind you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had it done when I got my tails Lamin-X'd. It didn't work out well because the stuff is so thick and that curveback right at the outside edge is just too sharp. Besides, it's just a sliver of material. Ask your local tinted for some scraps.

·
Regular User
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he was referring to the blinkers on the front of the mirrors:dunno:
Yeah. The Lamin-X stuff isn't supposed to filter nearly as much light as most films so I don't think it would be detrimental. I might try it if I can get a small piece of film and if it looks good I'll do a write up.

I know, I know. It's a very small and some would say insignificant mod but it's the subtle things that I like to do and I just feel like chrome looks good in some places but that little strip isn't one of them. **** it, if I'm the only one doing it then oh well. Originality is way underrated.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
originality is everything!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts