Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Due to long overdue 3rd party conflict of VID unit development, I've come across with this company form Imotorroom website.

I've request Unavi to check compatibility of this unit to improvise to Unavi system we sold.

Nothing guarantee at this time, but I like to see how many member who GB Unavi will have interest with the following estimate price.

But, the company seems to have many compatible navi system used in Korea already. With little effort, I think this is possible.

Conversion to mph, lbs, ft etc. don't seem to be possible. Or, maybe they already have export version.

I will check with your demand and interest~

IMPORTANT:

For any questionnaire, please send to [email protected] or PM to me.

I have more time to reply than any other staff at PA.
Price in Korea w/ estimate conversion to USD :

2.0 turbo / $400

3.8 / $465

Mostly...all in English already
Virtual CAN gauge display
Virtual Dynometer
Virtual Drag timing

·
Registered
136 Posts
Holy f**king Cool~~
I was planning to post this as well. Just found you did just now, lol.

This is amazing not only about its well-designed interface but alos make your car look like .........a GT-R!

I would love to buy this one as soon as it's available and make sure compatible with my navi system.

Just need to know more details about the compatiblities.
Thanks for the info BTW.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks pretty awesome but without farenheit or MPH I'd have to pass

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
That thing looks really nice.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Looms nice as ling as it would work with the unavi screen I currently have and as long as it shows displays in mph, lbs of boost, and temps in Far.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks pretty awesome but without farenheit or MPH I'd have to pass
well, i think it's more for "visual" eye-candy, don't you think so? (but it does have some useful functions / statistics according to the demo video shows)

You already have your own gauge showing MPH. maybe it's not a big deal.

Thank god, we (China) use KPH which is exactly same as Korea.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Have you guys checked with:

http://www.grayhill.com/panelsassemblies/displays.aspx

It looks like they have some Windows CE CAN bus software...

well, i think it's more for "visual" eye-candy, don't you think so? (but it does have some useful functions / statistics according to the demo video shows)

You already have your own gauge showing MPH. maybe it's not a big deal.

Thank god, we (China) use KPH which is exactly same as Korea.
Very true. I'd just like to be able to look at it and know what was what without having to do math :)

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
very pretty!

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy f**king Cool~~
I was planning to post this as well. Just found you did just now, lol.

This is amazing not only about its well-designed interface but alos make your car look like .........a GT-R!

I would love to buy this one as soon as it's available and make sure compatible with my navi system.

Just need to know more details about the compatiblities.
Thanks for the info BTW.
Only problem with us supplying to China will be navigation map software. Since USA map, Unavi paid $200,000 up front investment.

For China, I do not know how much will cost more.

However, my friend in Shanghai, China who have close relationship (school mate "quan shi") with Beijing Hyundai Corporate Manager and President of BH to discuss Tier 1 or Tier 2 installing Unavi in-dash system before or after production.

This is conflict of interest with Hyundai Motor Korea, since they have 50/50 company share. Some says BH has 51% with dominant control, but I wouldn't know for sure.

Unavi has an office near Shenzen, GuangDong area I think. I get confuse with provinces and cities, but I am pretty much sure. Use to be 6 staff, now with 1 man operation. Unavi is currently supplying to DungPung Nissan and may supply to DungPung Kia as well. With some numbers for Hyundai cars, I think this may be possible to equip with China map.

For rest of peeps who wants mph, lbs, ft etc., I will check and post as I gather more information.

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
Omg !! Do want !!!! just gatta change a few units for us Canadians :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I will also buy it but I need mph/ft tq/psi/Temp F°... Otherwise what is the point besides looking pretty.

I'm not sure if I understood all of what PowerAxel just said. :dunno:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Another thing... So you are telling me that no progress has been made in regards to this matter with the other company and UNavi? Oh maaan.

·
Super Moderator
13,004 Posts
Thats cool and all, but that price point is kinda BS.

I could understand the whole unit costing that, but for software and a OBDII Canbus to Bluetooth (or even USB) module? You can get the same thing on your ipod/ipad for 145$

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another thing... So you are telling me that no progress has been made in regards to this matter with the other company and UNavi? Oh maaan.
The other company is still in progress, but they are tie up with major contract with major corporations. Even AAA Car Insurance Eastern Regional staffs are in Korea to meet them right now for the VID.

With UNAVI + VID low volume sale, its out of PA league to control priority of their biz.
I will also buy it but I need mph/ft tq/psi/Temp F°... Otherwise what is the point besides looking pretty.
I spoke with Virtual Gauge manufacturer's CEO just now, and they say only require porting with Unavi system by developer.

USA conversion table is simple doable with them. Yes, they can do it.

I also spoke with Unavi CEO, he'll be returning to Korea this Saturday from LAX. He'll meet the other CEO in person to discuss implanting software to Unavi.

Price? I have no control. We may be able to do GB again for Virtual Gauge, and Unavi CEO says he'll negotiate for us.

Just post your interest for now. I will update with more info next week as I get more update from Unavi.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hmm..to be honest in China. lots of us are using cracked Map (which is free) with portable navi system right now.

So nav map is not an issue to us. (We can use any map we want). Does it mean we can just buy the Virtual Gauge simply connects with our current navi system by USB port?

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm..to be honest in China. lots of us are using cracked Map (which is free) with portable navi system right now.

So nav map is not an issue to us. (We can use any map we want). Does it mean we can just buy the Virtual Gauge simply connects with our current navi system by USB port?
Unit require porting with navi unit. They have list of Korean navi that are compatible with portable type or in-dash type. For any other models, I don't have answer for you.

Portable is much cheaper, so you can try it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How accurate are these things? If it plugs into the OBDII port there is still some delay in the readings right?

I'm interested and I'm sure my friend is as well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.