Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, satisfied new owner of a Gen Coupe. Really an enjoyable car to drive after having so many front wheel drive cars for so many years. Last RWD car was a '76 BMW 2002 (fun car, but engine gave up after just 76K miles, had it rebuilt, etc.) Then on to Acura Legend, Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata. Now it's surely fun to drive a RWD car again, though I am not a speedster (so far) by any stretch of the imagination. The Sonata was a very fine plush, smooth automobile; but boring.
So here I am, back to having fun driving again while I am in my mid 70s (surely not a mid life issue (I am far past that I hope.))
Interested in the idea of adding fog lamps, they really add a lot of light on dark wet roads. I will be searching this forum as soon as I add this "howdy."
Cheers from just east of Sacramento, California.
Bill

·
Registered
638 Posts
Enjoy guy, even if you only add the fogs for appearance, its a good mod, but a bit scarey to rip on your new cars bumper:) and yes you will break something, hopefully not too bad... Enjoy...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi gents, thanks for the replies.
The dealer would point me in the direction of a speciality shop that would do the install after I purchased the factory units. (I certainly would not attempt it myself)
Also I was not aware that one must drop the "bumper" in order to do the lights. (Speaking of bumpers, I remember when a bumper was indeed a bumper, case in point the bumper on the '76 BMW, looked to be about 3/8 steel, not this flimsy plastic fibreglass "stuff" that they call "bumpers.) I do understand that they gotta make things light these days for economy, etc.
Yeah, the '88 Legend 2 door was by far the best vehicle that I had ever owned up to that point, but it surely went through tires like crazy (Michelein XZXs, or something like that.)
(My '13 Gen Coupe Premium is Platinum Metallic)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Genesis7,
Thanks for the welcome.
Cheers from sunny central California,
Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A welcome

Thanks Diesel, I appreciate it.
Bill

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome

Hi Gents,
Thanks for the welcome, I do appreciate your taking the time to welcome me here.
After skimming the forum here regarding adding fog lights to my 2.0T Premium, I'm sort of putting it on the back burner for a time. Sounds like a lot of work (can you say "money" is involved when outsourcing it to the professionals.)
Tho, out of curiosity I think that the next visit to the dealer, I will get a price on the OEM lights and the name of the outfit that they would lead me to to get the price and pass it along for info.
Cheers from sunny but cool central California,
Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts