Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi GenCoupe Forum,

After reading all the performance mod threads, I still cannot decide where to start.
So I came back to post again to ask for help. This time, I would like to do this journal style.
I am going to post a budget I have every step of the way.
I am looking for something that will give me the best hp boost/performance boost per dollar. also if a mod will make one of pipe burst, suggest the pipe change first.

And hopefully the GenCoupe community can give me suggestions of what mod to buy and put on. In return, I will post all my progress and pictures online to share the experience with the new guys.

Please include reason, cost of mod, and potential hp gain.

My first budget is $500.

Tell me if this request is okay for you all.

Roger

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
SFR Flash

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Look at mine, Mira2White, or Twizzy's build threads for ideas on the A/T. A base reflash would be the best bang for the buck as SfGenKid says, but also take into consideration how long it'll be until you start adding other parts. If you're going to add an exhaust, intake, intercooler, or any combination of those in the near future, then hold off on the tune until you get that stuff installed and just get a tune to cover those mods afterwards. No point paying for a tune now, if you'd need another one within 6 months or so. It also depends on where ya live. If you're east coast and near any of the tuners, you'll have more options at your desposal when it comes time to get a tune. Just noticed you have a 2013 . . . so a tune, currently is probably out of the question unless you get a custom. SFR and BTR are just starting to come out with their tunes for the 2013 M/T, but nothing has been mentioned yet for the A/T's. With that budget, you may be stuck with getting a catback or intake for the time being.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
My approach; catback exhaust, gauges, intake manifold w/pnp, intake with charge pipes and bov, tune, sway bars and drop springs, wider wheels and tires, then brakes

·
The SFGenKid
782 Posts
I'm going to post my build thread sometime this week. Jay from SFR had me tuned at 255whp and 270wtq until we hit problems. So I'm running on a conservative tune at 232whp 235wtq until he comes back and I have full Bolton's including a turbo swap so it just takes time bro :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm going to post my build thread sometime this week. Jay from SFR had me tuned at 255whp and 270wtq until we hit problems. So I'm running on a conservative tune at 232whp 235wtq until he comes back and I have full Bolton's including a turbo swap so it just takes time bro :)

Sounds awesome SfGen!! Thanks for the help!..

Look at mine, Mira2White, or Twizzy's build threads for ideas on the A/T. A base reflash would be the best bang for the buck as SfGenKid says, but also take into consideration how long it'll be until you start adding other parts. If you're going to add an exhaust, intake, intercooler, or any combination of those in the near future, then hold off on the tune until you get that stuff installed and just get a tune to cover those mods afterwards. No point paying for a tune now, if you'd need another one within 6 months or so. It also depends on where ya live. If you're east coast and near any of the tuners, you'll have more options at your desposal when it comes time to get a tune. Just noticed you have a 2013 . . . so a tune, currently is probably out of the question unless you get a custom. SFR and BTR are just starting to come out with their tunes for the 2013 M/T, but nothing has been mentioned yet for the A/T's. With that budget, you may be stuck with getting a catback or intake for the time being.
Hey Grail, Is the order in your signature, the order of your mods??

For the time being, I think I'm leaning towards just simple bolt-ons I can do myself on the street.

I am thinking about add SRI first.
I see that Injen SRI is one of the popular option.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sounds awesome SfGen!! Thanks for the help!..

Hey Grail, Is the order in your signature, the order of your mods??

For the time being, I think I'm leaning towards just simple bolt-ons I can do myself on the street.

I am thinking about add SRI first.
I see that Injen SRI is one of the popular option.
Not quite. I got a good deal through Raj at TurboXS and ordered my intercooler kit, BOV pipe with flange, full catless exhaust, and intake at the same time. I put the catback and intake on first. Then when I got my tuned ECU for running full bolt ons and catless, I installed the intercooler and catless downpipe to avoid running lean. I'd say Intake and catback would be a good start though. Then depending on if you have emissions in your state or not, go with a high flow catted downpipe or catless. You can probably run safely with that for awhile without a tune, just don't be driving like a jackass everywhere. A bigger intercooler will increase the cooling effieciency, but it also decreases boost slightly if i remember correctly. After that I got the transcooler kit (which was still in test phase when I got it) because I go to a local 4.5 mile roadcourse during the summer. And for reference, I've installed everything on my car myself in my driveway, just need to make sure you have the right tools.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts