Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

361 - 380 of 789 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Hey turtles.. lol Byz Is Back.. New Dyno result!

Going to SFR to get custom tune so it will be even higher! hahahaha.. I'm going to take that list! haha.. someday! 306.3 and 273.8 for now!

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Can someone explain to me why dyno charts are always wrong? Tq and Hp should be crossing at 5252 rpm and they rarely do. It's a law of math and physics.

Byz (using yours an example since you just posted), yours cross at two different points and neither of them are 5252. That seems to me like they've scaled each dyno run differently and neither of them line up with the axes of the actual chart.

Also, is 3625 what the 2013 weighs or is that with a couple large people in it?

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Can someone explain to me why dyno charts are always wrong? Tq and Hp should be crossing at 5252 rpm and they rarely do. It's a law of math and physics.

Byz (using yours an example since you just posted), yours cross at two different points and neither of them are 5252. That seems to me like they've scaled each dyno run differently and neither of them line up with the axes of the actual chart.

Also, is 3625 what the 2013 weighs or is that with a couple large people in it?
The axes of the chart are different. Look at the max tq (only goes to 270) and the max hp (goes up to 300). If they went to the same number, they would cross at 5252 rpm. Not sure if its just a default setting that causes the axes to be scaled like that, or vendors are doing that to make the tq look fatter?

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Lol I'm a medic. That sir is over my head.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide App

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
315/277.. Time to move me up a slot! hehe

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
So when I become the first 2013 stroker 4.2L Do I start in the same category and just pass all the slower cars or do we make a 3rd category for 4.2L lol

·
WHITE DEVIL
964 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
No objection here to having an unfair expensive advantage over the 3.8

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
**gencoupe.com heavy hitters thread! High horsepower, fast cars enter**

No objection here to having an unfair expensive advantage over the 3.8

We will see! It may be hard to top Terrance's upcoming setup without going for boost. :) although a 4.2t would be about as disgusting and gnarly as they come.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
No objection here to having an unfair expensive advantage over the N/A 3.8s

Fixed for you :)

I'll try to get the list updated tonight guys.

With all the built and boosted V6's finally starting to pop up it looks like the 20Ts won't be ruling the roost for too much longer. It's about damn time though, only took what, 4 years for an engine with 2X the displacement to start making good power?

We will see! It may be hard to top Terrance's upcoming setup without going for boost. :) although a 4.2t would be about as disgusting and gnarly as they come.

:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag and I imagine after the 4.2 N/A doesn't top the list he'll add a snail sooner than later :)

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Fixed for you :)

I'll try to get the list updated tonight guys.

With all the built and boosted V6's finally starting to pop up it looks like the 20Ts won't be ruling the roost for too much longer. It's about damn time though, only took what, 4 years for an engine with 2X the displacement to start making good power?
haha yep! I think a lot of people were just scared to take the leap or drop the dough

:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag and I imagine after the 4.2 N/A doesn't top the list he'll add a snail sooner than later :)
Baby steps my friend. I'm aiming for NA but we will see where fate takes us. My goal is 400/400. After all, our cars are only 3300lbs

Haha thanks for correcting that whole NA thing. Lmfao

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts

Hopefully give me 2 years:D...and I'll be up on the 2.0 list somewhere. I've got ambitious mods in my not anywhere close future!

Same goes with Snoop and his gt2871r build he's just starting. Slowly but surely his can is going to be a monster!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
haha yep! I think a lot of people were just scared to take the leap or drop the dough

Baby steps my friend. I'm aiming for NA but we will see where fate takes us. My goal is 400/400. After all, our cars are only 3300lbs

Haha thanks for correcting that whole NA thing. Lmfao
If a stroker kit is baby steps for you I can' wait to see what a big boy step is :)

I hear ya man. 4.2 n/a will be a blast for sure but just imagine what a 4.2TT would feel like. Just don't think about all the other stuff you'll need to get the rest of the car manageable with that much power, just do it :)

And on another topic... I WILL be returning to the 2.0T list this year hopefully, as long as everything falls into place. Lets just say my car didn't like a spike to 30psi and some hydrocabons in my coolant is forcing my hand at building the motor...

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
If a stroker kit is baby steps for you I can' wait to see what a big boy step is :)

I hear ya man. 4.2 n/a will be a blast for sure but just imagine what a 4.2TT would feel like. Just don't think about all the other stuff you'll need to get the rest of the car manageable with that much power, just do it :)

And on another topic... I WILL be returning to the 2.0T list this year hopefully, as long as everything falls into place. Lets just say some hydrocabons in my coolant is forcing my hand at building the motor...
Sometimes, I think my level of OCD is a little on the weirder side. Because, without a good foundation to build or bolt on, I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure. To me every motor should start with forged internals and stroked. After my 383 stroker lasted for years even with NOS. I'm convinced that it's necessary to have a rock solid motor first.... So I'm going to find a shop that can replicate pavel's work make it rock solid. Then go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Sidenote.: If the president wasn't messing with our gun rights.. Gun Sales wouldn't be so good. And, I wouldn't be able to afford the stroker build. haha..

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Guess who's 13 V6 3.8, Pavel just agreed to build to a BC 4.2L stroker!

·
WHITE DEVIL
964 Posts
Guess who's 13 V6 3.8, Pavel just agreed to build to a BC 4.2L stroker!

MINE!!!???

I wish.... Congrats! Here's to looking forward to that build thread ;)

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts

We need a really rich guy to come on the forums and drop lots of $ on a 3.8! I'm really anxious to see what these guys can make on their 3.8/4.2's! Can't wait to see what Terrance pulls once he gets his engine built!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

361 - 380 of 789 Posts