Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

401 - 420 of 789 Posts

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Hey mods you guys can probably delete my spot seeing as how my last engine blew and I don't even have a 2.0 in the car anymore. :dunno:
Technically, you are still that spot holder lol Even if it blew.

Edit: Are you doing an LS swap?

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
**gencoupe.com heavy hitters thread! High horsepower, fast cars enter**

So many times guys. Stop taking this stuff off topic in here lol. It'll get handled no one needs to get all uppity.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
This thread is meant mainly for high horsepower.

If you don't have a dyno sheet, you don't make the list.

If you want to be top dog of the drag strip, post in the official 1/4 mile thread and ask Rudy to update the first post. That thread is purely for times.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
**gencoupe.com heavy hitters thread! High horsepower, fast cars enter**

Hp is kinda irrelevant. It's just a number to shoot for. A 300hp car that weights 2000 pounds is going to be quicker than a 500 hp car that weights 4000, (depending on tq, but well just say its the same for both cars)

This is just a thread for people to brag about and for people to compete to be on, which most everybody does however :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
There is a thread specifically for 1/4 mile slips already...

http://www.gencoupe.com/engine/31841-official-hyundai-genesis-coupe-1-4-mile-times.html

With timeslips being mentioned in the OP I guess it can be confusing, but this thread is mainly for dyno's with time slips optional to show you know how to drive your high HP car. But, as SJ said, no dyno = no spot on the list. It would get way to complicated to start putting no dyno cars in here too. Cleaning up and moving his post to 1/4 mile thread.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Ya I know about that thread. Just disappointed how many more people post in here than over there. Oh for sure, can't be on a dyno list with no dyno sheet.

·
Banned
924 Posts
There is a thread specifically for 1/4 mile slips already...

http://www.gencoupe.com/engine/31841-official-hyundai-genesis-coupe-1-4-mile-times.html

With timeslips being mentioned in the OP I guess it can be confusing, but this thread is mainly for dyno's with time slips optional to show you know how to drive your high HP car. But, as SJ said, no dyno = no spot on the list. It would get way to complicated to start putting no dyno cars in here too. Cleaning up and moving his post to 1/4 mile thread.
The confusion comes from already having a dyno thread and a 1/4 mile thread.
Its a shame with a thread called heavy hitters, the guy that hits the hardest is not on it.
No more off topic for me, just hope the title gets changed and all dyno threads merge.

Or you could always make one column for dyno numbers and one column for quarter mile times , that way the title high horsepower and fast cars would fit.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I think it's all about the impression we get from title. Everyone thinks heavy hitter should be at least so much hp. But realistically, not that many people are willing to spend the lot to mod their 3.8s like some of us.
So, In perspective breaking 300hp is nice on the 6s.
2l Turbos are a different story. Most putting it in perspective that's all.

·
Banned
0 Posts
2011 2.0T Rspec
haltech ecu
br intake spacer
id 1000cc
dw300 pump
turbo xs intake
turbo xs fmic
turbo xs turbo back single exhaust
turbo xs top mount turbo kit on a pte turbo
pnp throtal body grimmspeed
stage 2 copm clutch w/t flywheel
cpe rear diff mounts/amsoil rear fluid
smim intake manifold stock tb
amsoil tranny fluid
amsoil racing engine oil

456whp / 333ft/lbs

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Nice work Curtis. Will update list on 1st page tomorrow.

The confusion comes from already having a dyno thread and a 1/4 mile thread.
Its a shame with a thread called heavy hitters, the guy that hits the hardest is not on it.
No more off topic for me, just hope the title gets changed and all dyno threads merge.

Or you could always make one column for dyno numbers and one column for quarter mile times , that way the title high horsepower and fast cars would fit.
OP better now? Will discuss reformatting with others but don't have the time to mess with it too much now. I do think having 3 separate dyno threads is ok though. The other dyno threads (2.0T and V6) are more for seeing what mods get what gains and general info. This one is just a straight up e-peen comparison thread :)

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Nice work Curtis. Will update list on 1st page tomorrow.

OP better now? Will discuss reformatting with others but don't have the time to mess with it too much now. I do think having 3 separate dyno threads is ok though. The other dyno threads (2.0T and V6) are more for seeing what mods get what gains and general info. This one is just a straight up e-peen comparison thread :)
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag List updated! Congrats Curtis!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys, CrookedH invited me over, so the new big dog has arrived...lol.

A ton of details are on my build page. But a quick rundown:

Beyond Redline; Gold Engine package, race intercooler, race oil cooler, ceramic coated DEI cast manifold, stage 1 cams, twin fuel pumps, custom air box, and 3.5" exhaust.
(and many hours of time put into tuning, thanks Luke!)

Stock head and intake manifold (gasket matched) with phenolic spacer
Koyorad race rad
GTX3076r Tial hybrid turbo
Synapse BOV and Tial 38mm WG
2000cc Injector Dynamics
Haltec ECM with return fuel system and Flex Fuel sensor
CP-E race motor mounts
Custom Trans Mount
DTM SMF Clutch
TMW Short Throw Shifter, with extender and TIC bushings.
Full PLX Sensor package, Live monitored and logged with a handheld pc installed in dash.
Tons of other touches, but this is about the size of my horse.

And best of all, stupid loud Anti-Lag!!!

The dyno run you see here is with ethanol running at about 20%, the cooling system is keeping the engine below optimum temp, its April and still cold and snowing. Beyond Redline tuned this thing for best all around driving. So yes, if we wanted to, do a run at the edge of safety, but i will be racing this car with this tune. City driving is great, just keep it out of boost, so far even 15MPG on E85, but let it idle or drive it like i stole it and i saw 4MPG. The higher the RPM, the harder it pulls, and man does this thing pull.

571hp / 471tq, holding over 500hp from 5600rpm all the way to 8700rpm

During tuning it pinned the needle off the scale @ 9500rpm!!!

Genesis Coupe Dyno Run With Exceladyne Camshafts - YouTube

Little boys brag about horsepower... real men tune for torque!

·
Banned
924 Posts
Hey guys, CrookedH invited me over, so the new big dog has arrived...lol.

A ton of details are on my build page. But a quick rundown:

Beyond Redline; Gold Engine package, race intercooler, race oil cooler, ceramic coated DEI cast manifold, stage 1 cams, twin fuel pumps, custom air box, and 3.5" exhaust.
(and many hours of time put into tuning, thanks Luke!)

Stock head and intake manifold (gasket matched) with phenolic spacer
Koyorad race rad
GTX3076r Tial hybrid turbo
Synapse BOV and Tial 38mm WG
2000cc Injector Dynamics
Haltec ECM with return fuel system and Flex Fuel sensor
CP-E race motor mounts
Custom Trans Mount
DTM SMF Clutch
TMW Short Throw Shifter, with extender and TIC bushings.
Full PLX Sensor package, Live monitored and logged with a handheld pc installed in dash.
Tons of other touches, but this is about the size of my horse.

And best of all, stupid loud Anti-Lag!!!

The dyno run you see here is with ethanol running at about 20%, the cooling system is keeping the engine below optimum temp, its April and still cold and snowing. Beyond Redline tuned this thing for best all around driving. So yes, if we wanted to, do a run at the edge of safety, but i will be racing this car with this tune. City driving is great, just keep it out of boost, so far even 15MPG on E85, but let it idle or drive it like i stole it and i saw 4MPG. The higher the RPM, the harder it pulls, and man does this thing pull.

571hp / 471tq, holding over 500hp from 5600rpm all the way to 8700rpm

During tuning it pinned the needle off the scale @ 9500rpm!!!

Genesis Coupe Dyno Run With Exceladyne Camshafts - YouTube

Little boys brag about horsepower... real men tune for torque!
beautiful, do you have a pump gas dyno?

401 - 420 of 789 Posts