guess i'll jump in no track time yet.
2.0t base
evo 8 kit with 550cc injectors and suporting mods 343whp/357twq
[/IMG]

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Lists updated. Its a shame we don't have any higher powered cars that have good DRIVERS.

tsk tsk tsk

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Lists updated. Its a shame we don't have any higher powered cars that have good DRIVERS.

tsk tsk tsk
Maybe make this a sticky so it stays on the top? There are a ton of great numbers out there. I know of several who hav't posted in my area.... I will send some PMS of this thread.

Also, to clarify I am a driver I just don't go to the drag strip. I Auto X...... So, any times I post won't be applicable here :)

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I autox as well :D

But 1/4 mile times can be impressive. Most cars on that list have the ability for a mid 12 second pass... they just need to go do it.

And its been stickied since its creation ;)

·
1stgengen
4,533 Posts
sorry, I should have clarified, I have a 3.8, which is why my torque is all like :(

Next time you update the list throw me back where I belong lol

Quick Edit: Just checked, I did clarify!

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
MY GOOF.

Gotta go fix it lol

·
Striped Genny
1,018 Posts
Congrates Master VU Thats is one awesome Genny.:):)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ok I dont want to take away from the thread but id like to see another element. Can you add how much youve invested to get the current HP set ups. Also I really like that stripes added a pic of his ride. I see so many signatures with massive mods listed but I cant find a picture of the cars.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
@Snoopy0812, sorry buddy im not suppose to release anything yet until all the media is done. so you guys will have to wait just a little bit longer. ;)

As for how much i've invested into this current setup im not quite sure because this is the second setup ive done and the 2nd engine build ive done. but the last time i checked reciepts or i should say the last time my wife totaled reciepts. it was 40+ thousand that ive spent all together on performance, looks, changing wheels, and wheel sizes as well as tire combinations, Labor, parts, shipping, etc.....

you can get this much power with way less money probably about 15 to 20 thousand. but like i said ive dont 2 different power builds. the first one netted me 395 whp. and of course this second one got me 587whp.

·
Registered
201 Posts
@Snoopy0812, sorry buddy im not suppose to release anything yet until all the media is done. so you guys will have to wait just a little bit longer. ;)

As for how much i've invested into this current setup im not quite sure because this is the second setup ive done and the 2nd engine build ive done. but the last time i checked reciepts or i should say the last time my wife totaled reciepts. it was 40+ thousand that ive spent all together on performance, looks, changing wheels, and wheel sizes as well as tire combinations, Labor, parts, shipping, etc.....

you can get this much power with way less money probably about 15 to 20 thousand. but like i said ive dont 2 different power builds. the first one netted me 395 whp. and of course this second one got me 587whp.
Wow! Thats some Jack! I understand it was two builds but man o man. I was wanting to get my 3.8 to around 350 whp with 5k. Now that looks like a dream, can I ask was that all out of your pocket or do you have sponsors? Another question and please take no offense to this but why spend so much on this car? Would a Japanese build be better and less expensive with more parts available?

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
I am kind of curious what the how ranking is calculated....or is this strickly highest WHP wins? SJ should be 1 or two spots higher I think. He actually has a time slip, and more wtq than 3 or 4.

I think for now he should be #2, you get 33% weight for whp, wtq for track time. Right now he is higher in 2 of the 3. Sure it doesn't need to be THAT complucated, I am sure it could be very easily, but track time should count for something at least.

·
never use only drop once!
2,746 Posts
Wow! Thats some Jack! I understand it was two builds but man o man. I was wanting to get my 3.8 to around 350 whp with 5k. Now that looks like a dream, can I ask was that all out of your pocket or do you have sponsors? Another question and please take no offense to this but why spend so much on this car? Would a Japanese build be better and less expensive with more parts available?
If this turbokits.com kit comes to market that might not be that far of a stretch. will it cost you more than 5k? definitely, but from the talk and if they price competitively to their other kits should definitely be doable for well under 10 with professional install...and get you more than 350 wheels on a bone stock car. not like a CBE costs anything these days...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
none taken, nope only one sponsor, jotech Motorsports, but it was all still out of pocket. 50% on labor and about 20% on parts and some parts it was at cost. so keep in mind the price would have been more. but i just wanted a nice fun Project car. and as for cheaper. sometimes i have more money then sense!!!!!! LOL i wanted something sexy that no one else had done before so naturally the Genesis coupe platform was my choice with all its potential! And you can most likely do 350whp with 5k. just do all the labor yourself. I pay a premium when it comes to labor. Because jotech is one of the top tier when it comes to performance shops in the country. my next project is coming soon hopefully once i replenish the cash i dropped on the Genesis!!! ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Awesome thread it helps us guys that are starting to mod figure out what direction we want to take with numbers and times. My mod list has been set. Again great thread

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
201 Posts
none taken, nope only one sponsor, jotech Motorsports, but it was all still out of pocket. 50% on labor and about 20% on parts and some parts it was at cost. so keep in mind the price would have been more. but i just wanted a nice fun Project car. and as for cheaper. sometimes i have more money then sense!!!!!! LOL i wanted something sexy that no one else had done before so naturally the Genesis coupe platform was my choice with all its potential! And you can most likely do 350whp with 5k. just do all the labor yourself. I pay a premium when it comes to labor. Because jotech is one of the top tier when it comes to performance shops in the country. my next project is coming soon hopefully once i replenish the cash i dropped on the Genesis!!! ;)
Thanks for the info. I can appreciate your love for the Genesis there's nothing like rolling around and having everyone stare. I think anyone can buy a Mustang 5.0 or a Camero SS and have a fast car. Not everyone can build one.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the info. I can appreciate your love for the Genesis there's nothing like rolling around and having everyone stare. I think anyone can buy a Mustang 5.0 or a Camero SS and have a fast car. Not everyone can build one.
thanks! every man has to have hobbies! LOL

·
My 1/4 Mile Project
128 Posts
Heavy hitters

Not sure if my car should be on this list but all my times sheets, dyno slips, Mods, and stuff are on my signature and ther threads on this site.
Also 12.76 run is on youtube

41 - 60 of 789 Posts