Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted these 2 pics while wasting time in web:

i was able to find that car on bobaedream

So, does anyone know where to get one or at least know brand name of it?

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
Been searching, can't seem to find much. Dakota Digital has some cool stuff, but it doesn't look as nice as that does.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't believe this thing is custom made, too much efforts. Any of our korean friends willing to help?

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
I'm thinking it is a custom replacement. Like a "universal" digital LED speedo and tach custom fitted to the OEM bezel. Just my $.02, could be totally wrong, especially since it's Korea. Always seems like the foreign markets get all the cool stuff and we're left with "meh" products -_-

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
time to learn korean ;)

the thing is, that it's not only tach and speedo, there are also fuel and coolant temp, and everything is so tight fitted. Also notice that turn signals are blue (however that's pretty easy). 3 options: 1) custom made (still cannot believe) 2) bolt on cluster replacement (i guess expensive and headache with transferring milage and such) 3) replacement boards for DIY made specially for Genesis

Last one seems cheap and easy, however i haven't seen our cluster open. Or i did in one of the snoopy's threads, can't remember.

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
With enough money, anything is possible lol if you find anything, keep us posted. I'll keep looking when I have some spare time. Gotta get back to work :p

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, in description on Bobaedream it's said 전자식 계기판 - Electronic instrument cluster.

I can try searching aliexpress and taobao. If someone can share link to korean ebay, i'd appreciate.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found this custom ARK work, looks like they used LFA dash skin our guys did here (Bubba?):

Close, but no

·
Insert Klever Title Here
1,733 Posts
^^That's the style of digital dash I would do. Whole new set up. 1 screen with all digital gauges on it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the problem is, that since it's tablet, it's gonna get data from OBD, means a little delay, which sucks. Also you gonna have fun time checking every time for CELs and such. Or develop custom skin with all those cel lights, traction lights, and many many other lights. Keep searching)

·
Go Hyundai!
1,008 Posts
That 2nd set of photos is definitely an Android tablet, you can see the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Probably just reading OBDII data as mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never doubted in that, i thought i mentioned in my post. Just never seen tablet integrated that deeply into Genesis. This car, as i understood, was built by Ark for SEMA aka Ark Legato. Show car, you need all these cluster lights to daily drive.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's focus on first cluster ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sub'd :gc-Popcorn_Smiley_b

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts