Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

341 - 360 of 1067 Posts

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
68, a "Car Guy," and have owned this car for 2 years now and still LUV IT! 3.8L auto GT and bought it in 10/09 brand new. Great car, enjoy driving it immensely. Just starting to do a few minor ext. mods, mainly rebadging.
Born and raised in Port Angeles. WTF am I doing in Pennsylvania! :squint:

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
I dunno for sure, but could it be because you're a Cellist who plays for the Philly Symphony? :)
In my dreams.... I am an amateur who play with two orchestras in the 'burbs and other gigs here and there. I was here working as an contract engineer and met my wife. The usual story, I guess. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
30 and trying to stay young.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
39 Posts
33 and have my 2.0T 2 weeks now.
Already have the K&N typhoon and dynamic diode HID conversion. Planning the intercooler, rad, headers, downpipe, turbo, cluth, etc next year. Right now mod money has to goto winter tires :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
53 and have had my 2.0T/Premium in KWhite for about a month now. I too have kids at the age of most of the younger ones on her. All good. I traded in a 2011 Sonata after 1.5 yrs to get this car and love it. Planning to do some mods in between paying for kids college. Had a G35 Infinity before the Sonata and miss it, but the Gen is much more affordable and solid as well.

"Remember, you only fail if you have not tried!"

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's cool there's such a range of ages here. My wife called this a "teenager" car!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Two weeks away from 35. I thought I was going to feel old driving a Gen coupe, but I feel exactly the opposite. And being this age, and having a clean record, helped me get dirt cheap insurance ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
53 and have had my 2.0T/Premium in KWhite for about a month now. I too have kids at the age of most of the younger ones on her. All good. I traded in a 2011 Sonata after 1.5 yrs to get this car and love it. Planning to do some mods in between paying for kids college. Had a G35 Infinity before the Sonata and miss it, but the Gen is much more affordable and solid as well.

"Remember, you only fail if you have not tried!"
Im 19 and just bought an AMB 2.0t M/t base........my dads 54 and drove the car home cuz its a stick and i couldnt drive stick at the time (last week) :rofl:
he looked like a kid with a new toy, even though i paid for it haha, but hes the one helping me plan the mods i want for my car hahahaha

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am 73 and have a 2012 Genesis 3.8 Grandtouring edition. Old Man Still Playing With Cars. The only mod is K&N Drop in air filter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Having my mid-life crisis at 27 - 3.8 Nord Gray Track. But seriously - I've always been into coupes - My car progression:

- Grandpa's '89 Dodge Dynasty (V6 + Infinity sound system FTW - started to eat oil because I wasn't nice to the aging engine)
- Dad's '98 Ford Ranger (2.5L V4 :p - had 2 doors though LOL)
- '99 Ford Contour Sport V6 (my dad drove it through a deep puddle and then we had all sorts of electrical problems - loved it otherwise 4 doors and all)
- '98 Chryster Sebring Lxi Coupe (Mitsu Galant/Eclipse hybrid - my first real coupe)
- '04 Hyundai Tiburon Base (just traded - was a great car for 5 1/2 years)
- '06 Mini Cooper S (my autox car/weekend fun)
- '12 Genesis Coupe Track - Epic daily driver.

341 - 360 of 1067 Posts