Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1067 Posts

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
32 here with 2 girls under 5. I was out looking at SUV's when the wife told me "why don't you get a car that you want that makes you happy?"

Anyways, mods so far = RR Grill, Wing badges, painted headlights, tint, android tablet mounted in the nav bezel, and r2c intake on the way. I've had the car about a month and a half and I also have "moditis". I've been looking into exhausts but I also worry that it might draw the wrong kind of attention... We'll see.
That is what my wife said. The only caveat was buy an auto this time so that "all of us" can drive it. :squint: It also had to fit my cello in the back with its big hard case. It's my daily driver to work. It may be getting wing badges soon. I am on the fence with those. They do look good!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Will be 41 in October, and plan on having a KW 3.8 Track in my driveway this weekend.

Unlike most here, I never put much emphasis on modding my cars. All of my cars have been bone stock.

When I first saw the Genny the looks really grabbed my attention and I started looking online for other examples. Found this forum, and have definitely gotten the mod bug. Page after page of stance, exhaust, fantasy kit, reflash, wheels etc etc for the last few months will do it.

·
SoFla GenCoupe
1,353 Posts
Im 15 wat is this? Mom and dad said no mods until I'm older.
15?? dude you cant even legally drive, why do you have a GC? -_-

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
20. ordered a VIS AMS CF hood. planning to get the BR stage 3 kit so i can race my dad. he has an E92 BMW convertable 6 M/T of course.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm 39. SFR tune, 7ism exhaust, 15mm superdrift wheel spacers, Luxon grill, debadged, black winged emblem and oem painted fog surrounds. I have Eibach springs and new 20mm/25mm spacers in the garage to put on. And Chris at FlyRyde is currently doing headlights and tail lights for me. Oh and my wife thinks I'm crazy too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
31. I'm in that place where I'm being a bit more reserved with mods. I used to rock the carbon fiber hood in my early twenties but now it just screams boy racer to me. I work with a large group of professionals and I don't want to come off as a little kid. Just a guy who likes to tastefully mod his car.

·
Other Ride: Delivers GC's
85 Posts
Im 21, I was starting to really regret buying the car, but I just put the coilovers on, and lowered her down a bit, and Im coming around, Im really starting to enjoy it. I did tint the windows, and change the emblem on the back and de-badge the rest but the things that matter are as follows.

Intake
Exhaust
Lowered on BC coils

And bigshow, Im not 18 or 19, but I also know how I have afforded anything I've drive or rode before, and its called hard work. I worked lots and I worked hard. It wouldn't be hard for an 18 or 19 year old kid with a little work ethic to afford one of these cars, plus goodies.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm 44, 45 in November.

I installed a HKS catback... and a K&N filter. :icon_rolleyes:

I go a little bit slower in modification that I went with my Eagle Talon 3 years ago; I converted it from NA to Turbo... you say modification? :D .

The job I have takes me more time that the one I had before.

But I ordered HAWK HP+ brakes pads and I will order braided brake line... just to try the car on a track... soon.

EDIT: My wife does not say anything about my age VS modification I want... except for the cost: it's always too expensive for her! :rofl:

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
24 here. Lowered, some cosmetic mods, and a short shifter in the box waiting to be installed. I'd love to get an exhaust eventually, but can't justify spending so much money on mods at the moment.

I love how the age spread is so wide on this forum. This is a car that can be appreciated by all people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm 54 and I've had my 2011 Tsubaka Red 2.0t auto for 2 months and I love it everytime I get in it. I've installed the K&N air filter in the stock air box and my son who works at Hyundai put me on a rear spoiler for my birthday, June 18th. I've really been impressed with the performance of the Turbocharged 4 cylinder. I've owned many SS Nova's, GTO'S and Cuda's over the years but this little car really impresses me. I can't wait to see if Hyundai really brings out a V8 in the car. I am planning to put a new exhaust and maybe a short ram air intake. I also have been thinking about putting the Genesis badges on it. Who knows??

·
Registered
22 Posts
39 and i drive a 3.8, black wheels, ark grip polished arriving july 8thy, my car looks totally classy, it's how i feel when i drive it... If you keep holding back what you really want to do to it, how is that going to make you feel every time you get in it....?

41 - 60 of 1067 Posts