Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Gencoupe owners: What's your age?

92K views 1K replies 708 participants last post by  Genesex42 
#1 ·
So I'm looking at getting an exhaust for my car (ARK). My wife says she thinks I'm going thru a mid life crisis because I want stance and exhaust. She says the noise is kiddy. I'm 38 and I've always modified my bikes and cars so for her to say this surprises me. Please post your age and general mods. I know I'm not trying to recapture my youth but I know what I like on my toys.

#336 ·
I'm 42. I have two small boys, one 3 1/2 and one 3 months old. Their car seats are in the back seat. My oldest, Jack, loves the car. Worships it, even. I have an Injen exhaust, and he loves to hear that rumbling sound when we're at a stop light.

Midlife crisis nothing. The GenCoupe is a rockin' car.

My wife doesn't like mine a whole lot either. She says it's a little young for me. I reminded her that she's 7 years younger than I am. That shut her up pretty quick.

#338 ·
My wife doesn't like mine a whole lot either. She says it's a little young for me. I reminded her that she's 7 years younger than I am. That shut her up pretty quick.
LOL! No comeback to that one!

#337 ·
21 be 22 in jan. have a son, had modded cars all my life big on drag racing, been working on cars all my life.

#352 ·
53 and have had my 2.0T/Premium in KWhite for about a month now. I too have kids at the age of most of the younger ones on her. All good. I traded in a 2011 Sonata after 1.5 yrs to get this car and love it. Planning to do some mods in between paying for kids college. Had a G35 Infinity before the Sonata and miss it, but the Gen is much more affordable and solid as well.

"Remember, you only fail if you have not tried!"

#357 ·
Im 19 and just bought an AMB 2.0t M/t base........my dads 54 and drove the car home cuz its a stick and i couldnt drive stick at the time (last week) :rofl:
he looked like a kid with a new toy, even though i paid for it haha, but hes the one helping me plan the mods i want for my car hahahaha

#354 ·
It's cool there's such a range of ages here. My wife called this a "teenager" car!

#355 ·
Two weeks away from 35. I thought I was going to feel old driving a Gen coupe, but I feel exactly the opposite. And being this age, and having a clean record, helped me get dirt cheap insurance ;)

#360 ·
Having my mid-life crisis at 27 - 3.8 Nord Gray Track. But seriously - I've always been into coupes - My car progression:

- Grandpa's '89 Dodge Dynasty (V6 + Infinity sound system FTW - started to eat oil because I wasn't nice to the aging engine)
- Dad's '98 Ford Ranger (2.5L V4 :p - had 2 doors though LOL)
- '99 Ford Contour Sport V6 (my dad drove it through a deep puddle and then we had all sorts of electrical problems - loved it otherwise 4 doors and all)
- '98 Chryster Sebring Lxi Coupe (Mitsu Galant/Eclipse hybrid - my first real coupe)
- '04 Hyundai Tiburon Base (just traded - was a great car for 5 1/2 years)
- '06 Mini Cooper S (my autox car/weekend fun)
- '12 Genesis Coupe Track - Epic daily driver.

#361 ·
I'm 21 and lucky as H*ll to have this car!
This really needs to be made into a poll. I am really curious, because I always feel like I am a newbie kid compared to most of you.

My sig has my mods. I should be getting the SFR single exhaust tomorrow or something. I've been waiting for a while for that thing. Wheels and tires will be on next Tuesday.

#363 ·
I started to put my car progression which started in 1954 and totaled 74 vehicles but it would consume too much post space. I have enjoyed most of them, however, the 1946 Hudson Super Six was the finest (for it's time period) than just about any of the others.
The 48 Plymouth Coupe was a snazzy ride also. Best performance was 1999 Corvette C5, followed by 2006 Pontiac GTO (LS2 Vette engine) This Genesis coupe 3.8 GT is a nice car but as I have posted before, The 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T was just as quick from 60 and up as is this Genesis. The best of both worlds would be the Genesis coupe 2.0Turbo with twin scroll and Direct Gas Injection or as Hyundai prefers to call it. Gas Direct Injection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.