1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and gals! We are game on for a 2.5L stroker kit! This kit will include:

Rods: H-beam with 2 options for fasteners
Pistons: 1mm over sized, with a CR of 8.5:1 I believe
Forged: Crank w/ bigger than stock rod journals for increased strength!

This kit has yet to be proven in a car but should be capable of handling TONS of power! If anyone is interested in pricing please shoot me a pm for details!:D

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Andy can you PM me a price and any more details u may have!

·
Registered
187 Posts
woah...its about time a stroker kit is coming out! i want it sooo bad but dont wanna tear the engine apart yet. :rolleyes: i hope this makes some serious performance. Good luck with this because it will definitely be in my future!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
do you re-sleeve the bottom end, is that what your doing? send me a pm with price and details on process. ty

·
299,792,458 m/s
299 Posts
PM me the price pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. :D

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
To those that are thinking about this upgrade, keep in mind that the kit itself will not give you massive gains. You'll of course need the complimenting turbo and fuel upgrades to get this going. ;)

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
To those that are thinking about this upgrade, keep in mind that the kit itself will not give you massive gains. You'll of course need the complimenting turbo and fuel upgrades to get this going. ;)
Does it include sleeving?

·
Honda Hunter
123 Posts
uuuuhhhh so how far backward does this move redline...
would also like to know this. i mean if you use a larger turbo it can spool efficiently up to 7k making power throughout. but the bigger the turbo the longer it takes to spool so having room on the rpm band is a good thing. i see getting this to compliment the stock turbo being a good idea since it looses its efficiency rather quickly so shifting at 7k+ is pretty much useless and loosing redline wouldn't be an issue, but not cost effective. if this is more geared to bigger turbo etc. i don't know if i would want to loose the ability to spool the turbo at high rpm's, and loose potential power

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see no issue with revving this kit to at least the stock limiter if not farther. This kit has a 98mm stroke, I know of many engines with that stroke or larger that rev to 8k.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
as long as the crank is full counterweighted and not half counterweighted like most 4cylinder motors, then I dont see any problem with revs. As long as oil temps are controlled, piston speeds shouldnt have too much of an effect either.

·
Premium Member
16,013 Posts
I see no issue with revving this kit to at least the stock limiter if not farther. This kit has a 98mm stroke, I know of many engines with that stroke or larger that rev to 8k.
2mm bore. I don't see the see the need for a resleave, but its a good precaution.

as long as the crank is full counterweighted and not half counterweighted like most 4cylinder motors, then I dont see any problem with revs. As long as oil temps are controlled, piston speeds shouldnt have too much of an effect either.
Thats because a stroker kit changes the angle of attack of the conrods. More angle lower revs. This is why diesels have such low redlines.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
Beat me to it.

·
Back to Stock!!
952 Posts
2mm bore. I don't see the see the need for a resleave, but its a good precaution.

Thats because a stroker kit changes the angle of attack of the conrods. More angle lower revs. This is why diesels have such low redlines.

the 2.4 sonata has 88mm X 97mm

I dont see an issue with this... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts