Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Insurance Facts

I worked for the Gecko for 3.5 years selling auto insurance. the main factors are age, driving experience, driving record, how many miles driven a year, your zip code, and year make and model of the car. In almost every state except CA they will run your credit also. You can refuse to let them run your credit but they don't tell you that. So when they ask for your SSN say no. unless you are positive you have great credit which can really help the rate. Its a soft inquiry so it wont hurt the score.

To get the best rate tell the insurance co you drive only for pleasure and less than 5,000 mi a year. They will say documentation may be required but it never will. too much paper work for them to send millions of these forms for verification.

As far as the model of the car that will change the rate also. some cars have additional safety features, more options, and more expensive parts to repair if the car is wrecked. I suggest get a VIN when calling for quotes because that will give you the exact price of the vehicle you want to buy.

Good Luck out there. Feel free to ask my any more insurance questions.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went from a 2006 BMW 325i at $1,200 / year
to
a 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T GT at 1,199 / year...

So my rates didnt change at all, lol
I'm 24 Male

·
Registered
14 Posts
with insurance there is more to know then marital status/age/and location. it goes into tickets accidents and what not also obviously. but the key thing ppl forget is you arent paying insurance on just your car. right now the car is still farely new so it should be pretty cheap considering the price of the car. the time you have to worry is when all the young kids start getting this car from mom and dad and going out and wrecking them. then it becomes a whole nother ball game, because it will become a "high risk" vehicle no matter what you age marital status so on and so forth. so right now the 2.0t might be a little cheaper but i wouldnt doubt that in a year or two the price will be over the 3.8 just because of the "crowd" driving the car.
My thoughts exactly! I’m still trying to get the logic behind comparing your car insurance rates with others.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To get the best rate tell the insurance co you drive only for pleasure and less than 5,000 mi a year. They will say documentation may be required but it never will. too much paper work for them to send millions of these forms for verification.
What happens when you do have a wreck and they notice you drove it 7k last year?

I got a general quote that a new 3.8 GC at full coverage (100,300,100) would only be 6 bucks more a month than my 2002 Monte Carlo that doesnt have comp/collision currently :) This was with Met Life who holds my housing insurance and car. The next closest I was told was Travelers.

Gillsp is right abou the VIN, they can give you a very specific quote if you have the VIN number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What happens when you do have a wreck and they notice you drove it 7k last year?

They arent going to do anyting. Once a policy is written the price cannot change until you renew the policy. There are too many claims every day for the insurance company to police how many miles are on the car. In this economy insurance companies want to retain as many policyholders as possible. If the do raise a stink switch companies.

·
i'm on one
479 Posts
This is really risky imo. Sure it may be tons of paper work, however this gives the insurance an out if they want to pursue it.

In my opinion, I don't believe the rate would be significantly lower to justify this. Say you wreck your car and they find out you were commuting to work, they could just claim you lied on the app and you'll be 30k in the hole.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,275 Posts
This is really risky imo. Sure it may be tons of paper work, however this gives the insurance an out if they want to pursue it.

In my opinion, I don't believe the rate would be significantly lower to justify this. Say you wreck your car and they find out you were commuting to work, they could just claim you lied on the app and you'll be 30k in the hole.
I list my mileage at 15k a year for pleasure. Never had a problem. They don't check. If you say you use your car to commute to work every day then the rate goes up in Illinois.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The insurance company cannot deny you're claim based on the mileage you may or may not drive your car. All they can do is raise your rate at renewal if they have proof you dive the car more than what you declared. The only way they can deny a claim is if your claim is fraudulent. There are investigative claim reps that specialize in fraud for claims. So don't lie about your claim.

I took over 15,000 calls from people for quotes at the Gecko. Myself along with other reps loved it when people would say only 5,000 a year because we knew the rate will be lower. Better chance we can sell the policy. Sure if their driving record sucks it wont make a difference but for those will a clean driving record the rate was way lower.

The more miles you drive the more exposure your car has, the higher risk of being in an accident. When you quote 15,000 people and see the difference you would agree it makes a huge difference. Im just trying to help some of you get a better rate. Especially in NJ or anywhere on the east coast because rates there are way higher then Cali.

·
Registered
117 Posts

I would agree it is risky. A company could find that this is a material misrepresentation and void the policy. Which means if you need to file a claim you could be SOL. Especially if it is a few years down the road and you have double or triple the mileage you indicated that you drive the car.

I am not saying this would happen I am just saying it could.

:eek:

·
Noob
887 Posts
Yeah, but they typically require a daily driver.

That's how my car was insured under my parents' name. It was the most expensive to insure among all the cars in the family, so we put it as a pleasure vehicle under my dad's name. The caveat was that AAA absolutely required a primary daily driver.

And that is one daily driver per driver on the policy. If you have three drivers, then the first three cars are primary daily drivers. Only the fourth car and on can be insured as pleasure vehicles, at least with AAA.

It works out great if you can get it. We saved a lot of money by doing it that way.

·
Monkey
150 Posts
I'm paying about $20 a month less than I did for my 2003 Focus ZX3. I'm sure as more kids start buying GCs and crashing them showing off thier mad tyte drift skillz the rates will start to go up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GC Insurance Quote Rate

Got a quote from Geico

$1216.80 every six months
totals=$202 a month

GC 3.8
Male, 19

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Old thread, but my insurance only went up $8 from an '05 tC to my 2011 3.8. Also, my State Farm said the difference between the 2.0 and the 3.8 was only $4 in favor of the 2.0.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i am 23..ive found out progressive is the cheapest for me and my wife...i will stick with them.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Im 26, have a clean record, and drive 15k miles a year. I pay $106/month with allstate. Would anyone consider that high, low, or average???? Looking at this thread makes me think im slightly overpaying...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Im 26, have a clean record, and drive 15k miles a year. I pay $106/month with allstate. Would anyone consider that high, low, or average???? Looking at this thread makes me think im slightly overpaying...
Yours sounds about right, but really to many variables to say for sure. Some people might have full coverage, liability only or whatever. Zip code plays a big factor too. Ive got usaa and they give discounts for just about anything. I've been with them for over 5 years and they also give discounts depending on how long you've been a member

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
Yea that doesn't sound too bad. I'm 24 and I pay $40 a month with Allstate, but the Gen isn't listed as the primary for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
19 yrs old, clean record (knock on wood) and friggin $3600 insurance.

I bought the car little over week ago and my insurance went from 2400(97 chevy lumina) to 3600 bucks (2010 V6 auto) !

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
19 yrs old, clean record (knock on wood) and friggin $3600 insurance.

I bought the car little over week ago and my insurance went from 2400(97 chevy lumina) to 3600 bucks (2010 V6 auto) !
Dam that's high! I just bought a Jeep to use in the winter and the insurance on it is $28 a month lol.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts