Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my daughter purchased a 2013 Genesis Coupe brand new for 32,000 and now the bumper of this beautiful car is peeling. I thought hmm wow we just have no luck what so ever. I was driving down the road the other day and noticed same car same color and the exact car with the exact peeling bumper. Then as you google the 2013 you read review after review of the same issue, but only the white ones. ANY feed back from anyone or any recalls from Hyundai. Expensive car to have such a ugly bumper.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you search in the exterior section there's a thread on this exact problem specifically the pearl white. Sorry about the paint issue, they really are great cars despite a few minor nusense problems.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've never heard of anyone trying this but I wonder I'd having the bumpers professionally wrapped would be a better option than painting? Just a thought.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hyundai, at the dealer level, will acknowledge nothing. My service writer says mine is the only one he has seen yellowing on its way to peeling. I call BS.

As the warranty on paint is a measly 3-years, 36K miles, Hyundai corporate will do exactly nothing.

Mine started discoloring at about 38K miles, but I was already past 3 years. Pearl White and garage kept.

Reactions: Duro5341

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
Cost me over $600+tax to have mine repainted.

I first complained about it at 24mo/57,000km....................pushed them again at 70,000km 6 months later and was stone walled. Was told to bad, so sad, and left with a $600+ repair bill.

Never will buy another Hyundai again.

Duro

·
Bill
587 Posts
I've never heard of anyone trying this but I wonder I'd having the bumpers professionally wrapped would be a better option than painting? Just a thought.
pro wrap done right is at least as expensive as paint. benefits are it's indistinguishable from paint and reversible while protecting paint.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wrap can be done professional for cheaper than paint, but the real issue is that it is hard to say if they would be able to match the color with a wrap exactly too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would maybe wrap the car you may pay to repaint it and it may just come off again or have them really sand that bad boy down before retouch. My wife's accord had this problem such a waste of money.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wrapping the entire car would almost certainly cost more than painting a bumper or two. Unless you’re entertaining a color change, this wouldn’t really be an option.

There is no indication that the trouble extends beyond the painted bumpers. The rest of my car looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts