Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· Registered
3,381 Posts
If anyone in Toronto is looking to purchase a genesis coupe, I can refer you to a sales manager who can offer you a good price. He's an honest person who will entertain offers and will either let you know if or if not he can make the sale at that price. There's also no stupid admin fee at this dealership.

I got my 2.0t GT for around 31.6k all in. (everything, OMVIC, new plates, gas tax, a/c tax etc)

They move ALOT of cars. I saw around 30 to 40 new cars sold this month on the board and it's only the 5th of May. They also have a lot filled with 300 cars down the street.

PM me if interested.

· Monkey
150 Posts
To anyone buying a new coupe, keep in mind the $4500 cash back offer when you buy. It shows that there is ALOT of room to negotiate for the car if they are willing to drop the base car's purchase price to $20K on a cash deal, and obviously this goes beyond the base coupe. The sticker on a 2.0GT sits at $30,745 before taxes/etc, more than $6000 over the cost of the base coupe. Negotiating the car into the $26,000-$27,000 range shouldn't be too hard.

I'm heading into the dealer tomorrow to talk numbers. If I can get myself into a 2.0GT coupe for under $32K out the door I'll grab it. If not I'll knock the base coupe price down as much as I can instead and deal with the lack of an LSD later. If this dealer won't work with me I will just find one that will.

· Registered
56 Posts
To anyone buying a new coupe, keep in mind the $4500 cash back offer when you buy. It shows that there is ALOT of room to negotiate for the car if they are willing to drop the base car's purchase price to $20K on a cash deal, and obviously this goes beyond the base coupe. The sticker on a 2.0GT sits at $30,745 before taxes/etc, more than $6000 over the cost of the base coupe. Negotiating the car into the $26,000-$27,000 range shouldn't be too hard.

I'm heading into the dealer tomorrow to talk numbers. If I can get myself into a 2.0GT coupe for under $32K out the door I'll grab it. If not I'll knock the base coupe price down as much as I can instead and deal with the lack of an LSD later. If this dealer won't work with me I will just find one that will.
where are you located, are you paying cash

· Registered
62 Posts
Im about to pay $31.7k everything in for a 2010 GC 2.0T GT, brand new.
I'm paying cash so I got the $3k off right away.
I'm located in Montreal so I have about 13.5% taxes in total on the price of the car.

I'm pretty happy with the deal, and got the USB cable and lug nuts thrown in as well, haha.

Excited to get her

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Good price. That's about what I paid for mine.

Im about to pay $31.7k everything in for a 2010 GC 2.0T GT, brand new.
I'm paying cash so I got the $3k off right away.
I'm located in Montreal so I have about 13.5% taxes in total on the price of the car.

I'm pretty happy with the deal, and got the USB cable and lug nuts thrown in as well, haha.

Excited to get her

· Registered
56 Posts
Hey fangs28.

Go look up our post your deals thread. U'll find alot of our exp there.

I recently bougt a gencoupe auto base for 26299 on the road w a free tint include. ( it already includes omvic, taxes, delivery..... Etc).

But from my experience, there aren't many base ( manual or auto) 2010 gencoupes available anymore. There was a big deal(still on) for the coupes in June and they were selling like hotcakes.

Becareful when dealers tell u they have the car and want u to come in, because all dealerships aren't 100% sure try have the model and trim you like( unless it's on their lot) until they put u a sold order.

The higher trim models may still be available, but ask around first.

· Registered
8 Posts
thanks karkin_98, i am kind of interested in the 2.0T auto prem pkg, the dealer i am at said it's still in stock, so i might be in luck if the price is good. Anyone have a good idea what a good price is for that out the door?

· Registered
56 Posts
Fangs28,

Depends if your buying it using cash or if you are financing it.
I don't know how financing works, but I can tell you if you are looking at a cash purchase.

First off, you need to thank CowCow for being so great and posting all the CCC reports for all the trims of the 2010 gencoupe on this forum.

This is what you need.

2.0 Premium Auto

Retail Price * Wholesale Price **
Base $28,995.00 $27,197.00
Freight $1,565.00 $1,565.00
Optional equipment selected
- FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX (-EXTAX) $100.00 $100.00
Totals including all items above $30,660.00 $28,862.00

I made a whole excel calculator for myself when I bought this car.

A good deal for you would be paying $29422 with everthing included (taxes, fees etc. On the road price) This price is basically at invoice price, maybe at most $100 above.

Ask for a free tint too. Just say that one of the other dealers was throwing it in.

I suggest you ask around first. Once you're serious, you can ask us questions again.

But I would be surprised if more than 1 or 2 dealers would give you $29422 and free tints out the door.

EDIT: I should also add in that the $3000 incentive has already been applied to this $29422 price. Good luck!

· Registered
8 Posts
Good price. That's about what I paid for mine.
To Cowcow and Karkin

Thank You, i appericate the information. I will swing by when i got a chance. I just finish talking to the Genesis Dealer at Don Valley North Hyundai. The offer he gave me was something like 3500 cash off the invoice price with a 2.5% profit margin. What do you think about that?

I am looking at getting an automatic, forgot to mention that.

I will also check out the dealer and person you recommended too.

Thanks

· Registered
3,381 Posts
You can get lower than 2.5% markup but it depends on if you want to make the drive out to other dealerships. I've also heard bad things about that dealership from friends.

To Cowcow and Karkin

Thank You, i appericate the information. I will swing by when i got a chance. I just finish talking to the Genesis Dealer at Don Valley North Hyundai. The offer he gave me was something like 3500 cash off the invoice price with a 2.5% profit margin. What do you think about that?

I am looking at getting an automatic, forgot to mention that.

I will also check out the dealer and person you recommended too.

Thanks

· Registered
56 Posts
You can get lower than 2.5% markup but it depends on if you want to make the drive out to other dealerships. I've also heard bad things about that dealership from friends.

I echo that CowCow. Haven't heard many great things about that dealership.

Check on that $3500 cash off. Because $3000 already comes from giving a cash rebate. So hes basically saying he'll give you $500 bucks off, thats still not the full deal you're looking for.

LIke I said, that price I mentioned OUT THE DOOR is probably a good reference for you. Ask the dealer there to give you a price on "$3500 cash off" and see what the out the door price is.

The two places I have that gave me teh deals I am looking for was Attrell hyundai and Team Hyundai. I ultimately bought from TEam hyundai only cause they guranteed me the car I wanted. But Attrell had the better service and deals.

Best is just to EMAIL these dealerships and say, hey, can you do $29500 out the door with a free tint? If you can, I will come in and have a chat with you at your dealership. Once they say yes, print that email out, and go to your nearest hyundai dealer and ask them to beat/match it.
That tend to work the best for me

· 2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
auto 2.0t premium 29k out the door would be possible but without tints, dont waste too much time talking with for a few hundred more...its not worth it

make sure your max budget is 29.5k or else walk cause i was able to get that price but decided i didnt want leather/moonroof/10speakers and some other misc stuff i didnt care about for $3k more

I was aiming for 26k out the door for auto 2.0t base but did 26.5k in order to not waste any more time

no point paying more...but realize there are not that many 2010 colours left now...

they may say ok we will locate for you but if there isnt any left, you would be stuck choosing another colour or cancelling your deal (make sure you have your colour choice on the contract so if none of your choices are available you can cancel and get your deposit back)

the best advice though after all that text is....just stick with an out the door number and dont worry about how they are adding up everything else...29k or 29.5k is what you are aiming for...

the sales slip will show stuff like tire/ac/gas tax, oil levies, protector plus, wheel locks etc but they will work the numbers out to 29k/29.5k as the final price

· Registered
3,381 Posts
I don't want to get into details but let's jsut say they aren't the most honest nor do the salespeople care you're in the dealership looking at their cars. Also when I was still shopping around, I went to this dealership 3 times (once by my self, once with my sister and once with my family) and not once were we approached by anyone.

How much do you think i can get? Do you think i can get 29k or under that out the door?

Just curious, what kind of bad things have you heard from that dealership?

· Registered
176 Posts
I dealt with Don Valley Hyundai.

Great with emails but I didn't want to pay the shipping from Ottawa so we were off $350 and they walked.

Great advice here in many posts, I am still 5 weeks in and without a car!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.