Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, i will head over to the dealership you recommended and talk to the person you suggested too. As of right now, are you happy with the car and the price u paid?

You think it would be possible to get any bonus like tint window or car mats or any other extra feature i should try and get them to throw in?

· Registered
3,381 Posts
I'm very happy with what i paid ($300 over invoice). Also the dealership dosn't bs you and there aren't extra fees (admin, etching etc.) As for extras, you might be able to get them. I asked for some but he shot it down since any extra they throw in for you they basically have to pay for themselves. However, I got wheel locks which i wasn't expecting but I'm not sure if that's standard. (ipod cable and carpeted floor mats are standard)

Really, it depends on how desperate they are to have you as a customer. Most of the customers at the dealership I bought from are repeat customers.

Thanks, i will head over to the dealership you recommended and talk to the person you suggested too. As of right now, are you happy with the car and the price u paid?

You think it would be possible to get any bonus like tint window or car mats or any other extra feature i should try and get them to throw in?

· Registered
10 Posts
hey guys, i've been trying to look for a GC 2.0T Premium Auto, but there seems to be not very many colours/cars left in the 2010...do you guys think i should take the dealer's word when they say "i've checked the system for what other dealerships have, and they don't have what you're looking for"?

Also, what is a fair milage to ensure the car has not been used as a test driven car?

THanks!!

· Registered
56 Posts
Hey unReal,

I know during my process (around late june) it was already true that the base model coupes were running out.

I would believe that about a month later, this would be pretty close to being true for the 2.0t prem. What I would suggest is that you take your deal and walk into another dealership, ask them to match it (most probably will) and say you are ready to sign if they can gurantee you will have a car. Some dealerships will just tell you flat out their system shows they don't have it, but thats only half true. Somewhere in canada they have it, they just don't wanna ship it. Ask them to show you the screen on their system on whats avaliable, and see for yourself. Some dealers don't ahve as good relationships with other dealers. Some will go extra mile to have it shipped (but prepare to pay for shipping)

Also, Mileage wise, they always say less than 300 km. But I find that too high. I expect lower than 80 km is decent.

I got mine at 18 km. So not bad

· Registered
10 Posts
Thanks karkin_98! do you know what i should be expecting to pay for shipping althogh I'm guessing it varries based on distance? Any rough estimates would be good just so I have an idea before taking their word...

· Registered
56 Posts
unReal,

It depends on the dealerships, thats why I suggest you calling and finding out. The sticker here is that they won't look for you until you say you will buy a car.

But to give you a rough idea, $500 bucks to $1200 bucks. Though I wouldn't pay 1200 just for the colour I want.

My first choice would be to go to the dealership and ask them to gurantee that you can get the car you want. Those dealerships who are more confident about their relationships with other dealers, or those who are desparate for your business, would be able to get you the car you want without having to pay (as much) for shipping the car you want.

Hope that helps

· Registered
176 Posts
Hi, I was in your position.

NO 3.8 M/T in Mirabel Blue.

They wanted me to pay $350 for shipping and I said no.

They are running out though and since you want a 2.0T with the huge discounts, don't wait for 2011.

· 2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
i wasnt even offered to pay for shipping of my 1st choice but then again they said there is no stock in canada for my colour+trim (probably lies as they didnt want to bother with shipping)

in the end i made another colour choice that was shipped from vancouver port and i'm just waiting for delivery....i like my new colour choice too after seeing lots of pictures of it....try another colour, it might surprise you in the end

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi cowcow. I am interesting in buying the genesis coupe. Can you please let me know the dealership and sales manager where you got the deal from? Also, if I am interested in financing 0%, do u think they will still give $4500 cash back for 2.0T base. Thanks for answering! My email is genesiscoupeturbo at gmail dot com.

· Registered
56 Posts
F430CS

Unfortunately, I must be a bringer of bad news for you.

1) There are basically no more 2.0t bases avaliable in canada.
2) Financing at 0% and $4500 cash back cannot be used together. You only be 0% financing if you are financing. You only get cash back when you pay by cash for the car.

good luck though

· Registered
176 Posts
cowcow's guy was pretty good.

I would email around and try to talk to the sales manager. Offer them a fair deal and it should be good. Very little hassel that way.

Richmond Hill Hyundai has been good to me.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
I commend you guys for having the patience and taking the time to email, call and visit multiple dealers just to save a few hundred bucks. I would never have the patience to do so. I went to one dealer for one visit and I got exactly what I wanted with no b/s. Some of you guys seem to be making slot of effort to only save a small amount of money.

· Registered
176 Posts
First, a few hundred bucks is worth the time.

The power to walk away is yours, and one that I learnt from these guys on these boards.

Second, you also gain confidence and hassel free service when you know what you want, and the price you should pay. It's a negotiation leverage against all the tricks they have on you.

Cowcow's guy is good because he didn't really pull tricks. RHL Hyundai was good because I set the terms and they accepted b/c it was reasonable and I didn't have to play the whole dancing game with offers.

Worth the time and money I think. I learnt alot from this board, thanks to karma, cowcow, etc..

With that said, I never want to buy new again. It helps that I got the CCC report from cowcow, but it is a hassel. If you can afford the $$ and pay for an above fair price, go ahead.

I got $5600 in total discounts, so I think I did fair. Not the best, but good.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Not saying it's a bad thing. I just lack the patience to do it. I'd probably end up paying full price if the dealer didn't give me what I wanted from the start. I couldn't be bothered dealing. My salesguy must have been new or desperate for a sale because I got my car for almost $2k below the sticker price. I hope they are this easy if I get my next car from the same dealer.

· Registered
176 Posts
Oh no, I never meant to imply it was bad.

In fact, I think it's paying for the convenience. I didn't want to pay rust proofing and undercoating but I got a good deal and I didn't want to shop around anymore. Pay for the convenience.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
They funny thing is that I had no intentions of buying a Genesis at the time. My wife and I wanted a new Tucson and possibly a Genesis next year. They gave us a good offer for the Genesis so we took it. I guess the Tucson can wait lol.

· Registered
4 Posts
im sorry but 2k below the sticker price? thats horrible... im working a crazy deal right now on a MT 3.8 GT... I will tell u what a paid for it once its official, but you are gona be so mad that you only saved 2k...

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.