Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello is this my first forum but I am in need of help.

My car recently making the "SHHHHHH" sound that is very loud, which is causing my car to lose boost. I check everything, piping and retighten everything. I check the manifold for any crack, wastegate for any lose screw. The mod that I have on my care atm is a cold air intake AEM, and a ECU tune. Please help!!! I drive a AUTO 2011 Genesis coupe Base model if that helps.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Are you shure the sound isn't made when you let off gas . If this is the case you are golden

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not an expert, I really have to press on gas really hard for it to go and it is insanely loud when I hold on gas. To answer your question no,

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
do a pressure leak test, easiest way to find leaks. Do it with target boost + 20% to make sure you have room above, as some leaks are not leaking until certain pressure level.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello is this my first forum but I am in need of help.

My car recently making the "SHHHHHH" sound that is very loud, which is causing my car to lose boost. I check everything, piping and retighten everything. I check the manifold for any crack, wastegate for any lose screw. The mod that I have on my care atm is a cold air intake AEM, and a ECU tune. Please help!!! I drive a AUTO 2011 Genesis coupe Base model if that helps.

Sounds like a MAJOR vacuum/boost leak. Check your intercooler pipes and those couplers. They do wear out/lose tension

1 - 6 of 6 Posts